Simple Simon

Default Let's be brutally honest . . .

Subscribers to this group give themselves flattering and
clever names. However, these names are often diametrically
opposed to actual fact.

As a public service I shall assign some more realistic names.

Ole Thom = Ole Fart
Bobsprit = Bobs the Knob
Navigator = Lost and Landlocked
Mooron = Lovelorn Loser
Lady Pilot = Lady of the Evening
Schoonertrash = Motorvessel Trash
Rick = Dickhead
Shen44 = ProInHisOwnMind
Jeff Morris = PDQ Cruiser
otnmbrd = COLREG Challenged
Donal = Damned Foreigner
Jonathan Ganz = Bay Boy
Binary Bill = Bobsprit Beater
Joe Butcher = Rust Bucket
Oz = Roo Rotorooter
Seahag = Dockhag
Katysails = Katyrarelysails
Flying Tadpole = Poet Primo
The Carrolls = The Stupidos
James = Michael Jackson's Boy
Loco = Train Retard.
Lady Sailor = Miss Chubs
Mike Fulmor = Fullmoron
Bart Senior = Bart Simpson
Nora = Olive Oyle
Gilligan = The Professor
Bertie the Bunyip = Who?
Doug King = Trawler Trash
Scott Vernon = Bobsprit Buttkicker
Babs Johnson = SailorBabe
JN = Justa******

Simple Simon

If you don't fall into the sea when you step off your back
porch you're landlocked.

S.Simon

"The_navigator©" wrote in message ...
I'm not landlocked.

Cheers MC

Simple Simon wrote:

[...]

katysails

As a public service I shall assign some more realistic names.

Seeing as how you don't like anyone here and can't find any good in =
anybody, it behooves you to move on, little man....
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Simple Simon

I will if you will (move on, that is). I almost hurled thinking of
what if might of meant without the clarification.

S.Simon

"katysails" wrote in message ...

Seeing as how you don't like anyone here and can't find any good in anybody, it behooves you to move on

Schoonertrash

All right so everyone give up the reason for their posting name. Mine came
from '97 sailing on S/V Alvei a schooner bark. We were anchored in Papeete
next to Carmac V or was it VI a huge feadship type of yacht. Alvei had just
transited in stages from Porto, Portugal and looked really bad. Plus we had
the biggestdeck in the harbor so we hosted all the crusing fleet parties.
Word got around that the ritzy set on Carmac thought we were trash. So of
course we ended the next party (always by 10PM) by lining up an doing the
YMCA song complete with hand motions and chorus line kicks and ended by
turning around and u hh hhh h h h imitating La Luna for a brief eclipsing
moment. Next morning they were gone. After that if we pulled in somewhere
and they were there . .off they would go and if they pulled in and saw us
they would turn round and go somwhere else. So we adopted the title of
schoonertrash, the whole crew. So then I became sloop trash, cutter trash,
freighter trash (both steam and diesel). My other posting name you will see
in various spots on the net is the name of the new boat. The original
Centaur was named Look Far and I wanted my own name but without a change so
I translated to Norwegian. Se Fjern means to look far but with a bit of
mist or fog so things aren't clear. Well that was eventually true
especially when I started following some one else's schedule. The good part
was in acquiring a larger boat, but I think it wouldn't have been large
enough, which willl allow me to carry some dive gear and so forth. But not
too large so it can be handled by one person easily. The name is Se Lange
which still means Look Far but with clarity. Now that fits. One who sees
all by going and sees his way clearly is the Old Norse connotation. One
thing is clear. . .there is plenty of room!

Ok . . . . .. your turn

MST

JN

Default You Forgot One

Simple Simon - Over the hill and never had a woman.

Flying Tadpole

I'm sure SS would argue that the hill he's over is the Mound of
Venus.

--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Schoonertrash

There you have it. The long and short of it