Gilligan

Default If one is born gay then...

is racial prejudice innate and natural? Consider the biological roots of
such behavior - can it be a survival mechanism? Read on and decide for
yourself:

Brain scan 'identifies race bias among white people'

A brain scan that can apparently root out racists has been developed by
scientists.

The technique was used on white volunteers shown photographs of black
individuals.

In those with racist tendencies, a surge of activity was seen in part of the
brain that controls thoughts and behaviour. Scientists believe this
reflected volunteers' attempts to to curb their latent racism.

After interacting with real black individuals, the same group performed
poorly in a task designed to test mental resources.

The American researchers concluded that harbouring racial prejudice, even
unintentionally, stirred up an inner struggle that exhausted the brain.

Dr Jennifer Richeson, assistant professor of psychological and brain
sciences at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, said: "We were
surprised to find brain activity in response to faces of black individuals
predicted how research participants performed on cognitive tasks after
actual interracial interactions."

The scientists first measured the racial bias of 30 white individuals using
a standard technique.

Volunteers were given a computer test to record the ease with which they
associated with white and black racial groups with concepts that were
positive or negative. Those with higher levels of racial bias took longer to
associate white people with negative concepts and black people with positive
concepts.

The study participants were then asked to interact with either a white or a
black individual. Afterwards, they underwent a test which involved making a
mental effort to inhibit instinctive responses.

The scan experiment employed a technique called functional magnetic
resonance imaging (fMRI) to map brain activity.

The_navigator©

I object to such racially biased (dare I say racially motivated?)
research. Why doesn't she examine the effect of white faces on black
people, after all there are more whites in the USA.

Cheers MC

Gilligan wrote:

[...]

katysails

I object to such racially biased (dare I say racially motivated?)=20
research.

A bunch of liberals with grant money can just about come up with any =
answer to their research they choose. I found the whole thing to be =
rather perverse and disgusting.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

The_navigator©

But you are a woman of taste and poise.

Cheers MC

katysails wrote:

I object to such racially biased (dare I say racially motivated?)
research.

A bunch of liberals with grant money can just about come up with any answer to their research they choose. I found the whole thing to be rather perverse and disgusting.

katysails

But you are a woman of taste and poise.

Cheers MC

I don't know about that, but I try to not be a racial bigot and I think =
it has nothing at all to do with one's genetics and much to do with how =
one is brought up...More like the G&S song: You've Got To Be Taught....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Simple Simon

It does not take extensive research to come to the
conclusion that a black face with boogieman like
features does not engender anything but fear and
hatred in those who have a white face with more
evolved features. It has nothing to do with being
prejudiced or bigoted. It has everything to do
with instincts. Caucasians are a more evolved
branch of the human race and they got there
by not interbreeding with the more primitive
branches as represented by those of the Negroid
persuasion. Fear and revulsion are normal reactions
to such things as snakes and boogiemen.

S.Simon

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Jonathan Ganz

If you're going in that direction, the asian community is
ahead of everyone... better skin and a permanent smile
around the eyes. Eventually, people will be a nice shade
of brown. White people will be freak of nature. Looks
like you're well on your way.

"katysails" wrote in message

I object to such racially biased (dare I say racially motivated?)
research.

A bunch of liberals with grant money can just about come up with any

answer to their research they choose. I found the whole thing
to be rather perverse and disgusting.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Neal, you need to share a cell with Michael Jackson...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Horvath

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 03:15:11 GMT, "Gilligan"
wrote this crap:

is racial prejudice innate and natural? Consider the biological roots of
such behavior - can it be a survival mechanism? Read on and decide for
yourself:

You can't be born gay, dumbass. God prohibits homosexuality in the
bible. If you think people can be created gay, then you have one
****ed up God, dumbass.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.