Bobsprit

Default What Shall I Buy????

Well, I already have $280 worth of gift certificates for WestMarine/BoatUS...my
birthday is nearly here!
So here are some items I'm thinking about...Which would you buy?

Night Owl Night Vision....this is a Gen 1 and rather cheap, but it works pretty
well and is waterproof.
Canon Stabilized Binocs: 10x30's seem a bit low on light collecting. Would
these compliment my new Fuji 7X50's?
New Sailing jacket...May wait for the AC boat show to do this.

Capt RB

Bobsprit

If you do a lot of night sailing, get the night vision. But for daytime
navigating, get the Canon
10x30IS.

Well we do a lot of night sailing, but it's quite local most of the time. Next
summer we will not be sailing locally hardly at all, so you may be
right...Night Vision it is!

RB
Capt. Mooron

Gen 1... Bwahahahahahahaaa... you might as well order the X-Ray Specs from
the back of a comic book!

Have you even, ever tried a comparison of this technology Bob?

BTW - they need batteries!

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| If you do a lot of night sailing, get the night vision. But for daytime
| navigating, get the Canon
| 10x30IS.
|
| Well we do a lot of night sailing, but it's quite local most of the time.
Next
| summer we will not be sailing locally hardly at all, so you may be
| right...Night Vision it is!
|
| RB

Bobsprit

Gen 1... Bwahahahahahahaaa... you might as well order the X-Ray Specs from
the back of a comic book!

Have you even, ever tried a comparison of this technology Bob?

Yup. Gen one works fine. The set that I tested were actually older Gen 1s and
we were all shocked at how well they worked. Tried Gen 3s. Fantastic, but 1K or
more? No way!

RB
Capt. Mooron

So the big spender starts faltering?