Thom Stewart

Default Hong Kong Sail?

Simple?

How are your bargain Sails holding up on the corners? Is your shelve
still flat or has it lost that 90 degree angle with the foot of your
sail?

My main is doing fine, although I have to admit, I haven't been doing a
hell of a lot of sailing. We've had a very early cold Fall/Winter here
this year.

I've desided to go without the Shelve. I attached mylar tapes at the
bottom (Foot) of the Sail and get no indication of votex.

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear. They set well and pull like a team
of draft horses. I'm very pleased with the purchase. One would
have a very hard time doing any better for the price I paid.

Woe be to any and all fools who think they can even keep up
with "Cut the Mustard" anymore. With the new sails and
stiff breezes going to weather I've sailed right by a
Nonsuch 30, a couple Pearson Tritons, a J/24 and
a J/30, a Tartan 30, an Allied Seawind 32 ketch, three or
four ugly Hunters of all sizes, a Morgan IO 28, a Glander Cay,
a Mac26X, a Dufour 30, and an Iroquois Cat to mention a few.
The only boat that sailed by me was one of those folding 27 foot
tri-marans from that Australian designer --- Farrier???

S.Simon

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Simple?

How are your bargain Sails holding up on the corners? Is your shelve
still flat or has it lost that 90 degree angle with the foot of your
sail?

My main is doing fine, although I have to admit, I haven't been doing a
hell of a lot of sailing. We've had a very early cold Fall/Winter here
this year.

I've desided to go without the Shelve. I attached mylar tapes at the
bottom (Foot) of the Sail and get no indication of votex.

Ole Thom

Simple Simon

Knew all along. If you'd pay attention you'd know
the wind in that picture was light to insignificant.

S.Simon

The Captain...cap n all wrote in message ...
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:32:26 -0500, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear. They set well and pull like a team
of draft horses. I'm very pleased with the purchase. One would
have a very hard time doing any better for the price I paid.

Woe be to any and all fools who think they can even keep up
with "Cut the Mustard" anymore. With the new sails and
stiff breezes going to weather I've sailed right by a
Nonsuch 30, a couple Pearson Tritons, a J/24 and
a J/30, a Tartan 30, an Allied Seawind 32 ketch, three or
four ugly Hunters of all sizes, a Morgan IO 28, a Glander Cay,
a Mac26X, a Dufour 30, and an Iroquois Cat to mention a few.
The only boat that sailed by me was one of those folding 27 foot
tri-marans from that Australian designer --- Farrier???

S.Simon

Figured out how to tune that headsail yet?

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Bobsprit

The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear.

Wear? From what? Sail bag chafe?

RB

Bobsprit

Nonsuch 30, a couple Pearson Tritons, a J/24 and
a J/30, a Tartan 30, an Allied Seawind 32 ketch, three or
four ugly Hunters of all sizes, a Morgan IO 28, a Glander Cay,
a Mac26X, a Dufour 30, and an Iroquois Cat to mention a few.

Were they all tied up at the same dock, or was this a mooring field?

Bwahahaahaha! Sorry, BB, it needed it.

RB
Simple Simon

Green with envy you are. You know since I sailed
right by the big list of boats that I'd also sail right
by your slow C&C as well.

Imaging how you'd feel being beating so badly by
a boat you criticize powered by sails you criticize.

Maybe I should not have put up that page on my
website showing the new sails. It sure has made a
lot more people than you green with envy.

S.Simon
http://captneal.homestead.com/newsails.html

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:32:26 -0500, "Simple Simon" wrote:

The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear.

Wait til you try sailing with them. The wear will be visible almost immediately.

They set well and pull like a team
of draft horses. I'm very pleased with the purchase. One would
have a very hard time doing any better for the price I paid.

Well, that sure sounds like "damned by faint praise"

Woe be to any and all fools who think they can even keep up
with "Cut the Mustard" anymore. With the new sails and
stiff breezes going to weather I've sailed right by a
Nonsuch 30, a couple Pearson Tritons, a J/24 and
a J/30, a Tartan 30, an Allied Seawind 32 ketch, three or
four ugly Hunters of all sizes, a Morgan IO 28, a Glander Cay,
a Mac26X, a Dufour 30, and an Iroquois Cat to mention a few.

Were they all tied up at the same dock, or was this a mooring field?

BB

Simple Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear.

Wear? From what? Sail bag chafe?

RB

Written by a fat buffoon whose wife's boat is
not even in the water . . .

S.Simon

Simple Simon

Bring that turkey down and let's race and well
see who's got the better boat.

S.Simon

wrote in message ...
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 18:18:15 -0500, "Simple Simon" wrote:

Green with envy you are. You know since I sailed
right by the big list of boats that I'd also sail right
by your slow C&C as well.

Imaging how you'd feel being beating so badly by
a boat you criticize powered by sails you criticize.

Maybe I should not have put up that page on my
website showing the new sails. It sure has made a
lot more people than you green with envy.

Poor little simpering simmy! My boat would walk away from yours on any point of
sail, even if non-sailor Bushsprit was at the helm. Did I mention that among my
inventory, I have a set of laminated racing sails that cost more than your boat
cost new? You should rename your **** yellow derelict, "Banana Slug"

BB

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The Hong Kong sails are primo. They are looking good and have
absolutely no visible wear.

Wear? From what? Sail bag chafe?

LOL. Good one .... Fatso!

Regards