JaxAshby

Default Cheap way to replate metal

I noticed some of the zinc plating coming off some metal bits.

Rather than toss them away or pay to have them replated, I did it myself.

I took an electrical line tester ($5 from Home Depot) that measures floating
neutrals and the like.

I tested the outlets at the dock and found the nuetral was floating.

I took the zinc parts, hooked them to the nuetral on an extension cord,
plugged it in and tossed the end in the water.

The zinc plates from the boat three slips down were deposited onto my metal
parts in two days.

A nice even job and what a sheen!

I could even see the reflection of myself wearing speedos in the zinc plate.

Well done!

Yeppers, I'll say.

Jax

FS: some cheap boats in Ontario, Canada news General 0 July 5th 04 02:03 PM
galvanic corrosion Jean Electronics 2 October 8th 03 01:58 PM
DAMMIT ICOM WHY SO CHEAP?!! Larry Cruising 18 September 14th 03 11:42 PM
DAMMIT ICOM WHY SO CHEAP?!! Larry Electronics 23 September 14th 03 11:42 PM
Bateau Cheap Canoe....? James W. Sloan Boat Building 20 August 27th 03 09:11 AM