Bobsprit

Default Loco's Claims

In another group, Loco sadly claims that the "popular" Express is "always
winning races." I find little presence of the Express line anywhere. There were
few built. Any races that do take place with these still-born boats, but be
PHRF. Are there any Express 30 fleets? A few maybe?
I see plenty of Catalina, Pearson and other designs that have fleets. Why would
anyone serious about racing not seek out a design that can race one design,
such as a J35?
There's no doubt that the Express 30 is a fast boat, though even the 35 will be
slower than my C&C 34XL. Since I don't care to race, I can seek out a far
better balanced design for cruising while still getting a good turn of speed.
The C&C 32 a good example and the 34XL excells in every way the Express can't.

Capt RB