Simple Simon

Default HELP PLEASE - WEB POLL

Dear Group,

I've decided to put the name of my boat on the sides because the view
of the transom is half blocked by the outboard motor most of the time.

I've played around with Photoshop displaying all the different fonts
available and have come up with four that I think all look pretty good
but I do have my favorite. I have constructed a web page with a poll
where you can vote for your favorite. I'm curious if my favorite is
your favorite.

You can look at the four different fonts and choose your favorite he

http://captneal.homestead.com/Voteplease.html

Thank you for your help.

S.Simon

Bobsprit

How about using the same font and color as the one used on the French's Mustard
logo?

Can you imagine that this poor fellow thinks that anyone wants to look at the
Guldon's font day after day?
Godzooks. Idiot.

RB

The_navigator©

Did you know you can vote any number of times?

Seriously, I could help you with the graphics if you want a nice laser
cut graphic on the side...

Cheers MC

Simple Simon wrote:

Dear Group,

I've decided to put the name of my boat on the sides because the view
of the transom is half blocked by the outboard motor most of the time.

I've played around with Photoshop displaying all the different fonts
available and have come up with four that I think all look pretty good
but I do have my favorite. I have constructed a web page with a poll
where you can vote for your favorite. I'm curious if my favorite is
your favorite.

You can look at the four different fonts and choose your favorite he

http://captneal.homestead.com/Voteplease.html

Thank you for your help.

S.Simon

two wheels

Wally

Simple Simon wrote:

I've decided to put the name of my boat on the sides because the view
of the transom is half blocked by the outboard motor most of the time.

I've played around with Photoshop displaying all the different fonts
available and have come up with four that I think all look pretty good
but I do have my favorite. I have constructed a web page with a poll
where you can vote for your favorite. I'm curious if my favorite is
your favorite.

You can look at the four different fonts and choose your favorite
he

Number 4 is the best of a bad bunch. The first two are all-caps and look
particularly naff. Number 3 just looks like italicised Times New Roman -
sign-writing is an art form, and art requires at least a modicum of
imagination.

Positioning looks like a non-thought (and is inconsistent from photo to
photo). Start from one end or the other, please - at present, it looks like
you're not sure where the words are supposed to go.

As for font, if you can, visit the cutting bureau and have a look through
their book of fonts. Chances are they're using a program called Signlab,
which has a huge choice. It can also use fonts from other sources, but might
be limited in the types of manipulations it can perform on them. My boat
name stuff was done in Signlab and I chose a fairly stylised font that I
felt reflected the style one might see on the tall ships of the period that
I took the name from. They haven't been applied yet and are still on the
backing paper - when it gets light here, I'll see if I can take a photo and
show them to you.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com

Wally

Neal,

Take a look at the two new photos I've just added to my webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/script...iewall&albumID
=82664733

They show the name decals for the side and the transom. The vinyl is
actually dark blue to complement the yellow hull, but just looks blackish in
these photos shot through the translucent backing paper. The transom one is
sized to ensure that it will fit to one side of the rudder. When applied, a
bilge pump outlet will sit in the middle of it. Both decals are about 22"
wide.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Simple Simon

Webshots Community Error
A problem has been detected.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

"Wally" wrote in message ...
Neal,

Take a look at the two new photos I've just added to my webshots album...

http://community.webshots.com/script...iewall&albumID
=82664733

They show the name decals for the side and the transom. The vinyl is
actually dark blue to complement the yellow hull, but just looks blackish in
these photos shot through the translucent backing paper. The transom one is
sized to ensure that it will fit to one side of the rudder. When applied, a
bilge pump outlet will sit in the middle of it. Both decals are about 22"
wide.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Wally

Simple Simon wrote:
Webshots Community Error
A problem has been detected.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Looks like the album has a different ID when I'm logged in as the owner. The
following should work...

http://community.webshots.com/album/82664733oTMSXh