Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobsprit

Default NY Yankees...snore...

One of the highest paid, best funded baseball teams in the universe makes it to
the world series. Meanwhile, teams with a 3rd of the financial backing (or much
less) fail to make the grade. Some defend against truth by pointing out that
other teams, with less money have defeated the Yankees. These people need a
lesson in basic math and statistics.
Jeepers! Who cares? Until teams have reasonably fairly matched resources,
baseball will remain just as bloated as pro wrestling.
No other sport besides Boxing is as rigged, and yet blind Yankee fans walk
about in a self induced delirium, unwilling to face the truth. Some Americans
are also proud of our pro-basketball team thrashing a bunch of amateurs in the
Olympics or our "victory" in Iraq.
So let's all celebrate, finance proves victorious above fitness and fairness,
spending over sportsmanship. Is it any wonder that most republicans favor the
Yankees? "Ahhhh, it's only baseball!" You say.
And I answer: "A civilization is measured by it's loves and pastimes, culture
and worship."
What greater condemnation of misplaced pride could there be than the rabid
support of an overblown corporate machine like the NY Yankees?
Shame on NY and shame on the USA.

Capt Robert B