Bobsprit

Default Irwin 32

A friend is looking at a nicely reconditioned 1972 Irwin 32 centerboard. She is
done with racing and only wants to cruise. I've not heard great things about
the late 70's and 80's Irwins. What about the early citation 32?
Anyone have any experience with this model and have info on any specifics?

Thanks,

RB
Simple Simon

As you know I used to work for Irwin Yacht as a
MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) and the
consensus of opinion was that the older Irwins
of that vintage were built much much better than
the 1980s pieces of garbage. The Citation line
in the 1980's was a big cause of Irwin's bankruptcy.

Check for blisters and go for it if it has none.

S.Simon