BoatBanter.com

-   -   Dire Yank boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/17856-dire-yank-boats.html)

SAIL LOCO October 8th 03 01:49 AM

Dire Yank boats

I've seen it. It is almost as fast as my boat , but it feels very
basic(cheap??) down below.

That's the way all J Boats look.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

SAIL LOCO October 8th 03 01:53 AM

Dire Yank boats

I haven't heard of the 1D35, but I was under the impression that the
Melges
was a European boat..

Can't believe you havent heard of the 1D35 (read one design thirty five) They
are pretty popular world wide and built in the states by Carroll Marine. And I
thought everyone knew that Buddy Melges, famous America's Cub skipper, ice boat
designer, sailmaker etc from Wisconsin was behind the Melges 24 and 30. The 30
was a flop.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport