Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simple Simon

Default This group is much better with Booby gone

I like it when Booby has to go away to spend a couple weeks in
rehab at the Betty Ford center. The group doesn't have all the idiotic
posts from him and his cadre of hangers-on posting innane one-liners
ad nauseum. It's refreshing to not have hundreds of useless chat-
like headers to wade through and the long, long threads that go
on forever without ever saying a single thing related to sailing.

And thank God for hurricanes and electrical blackouts. Moroon and
his useless posts are a thing of the past for a while and the same
goes for Haggie, Stevie, Loco etc and all the others too wimpy to
survive minimal hurricanes.

I survived hurricane Andrew, a category five hurricane - one of 3
on record to hit the U.S. The only damage I sustained was a ripped
bimini top but it was old and rotten and needed to be replaced
anyhow. I wore out that impotent 'cane on my famous mooring
in my famous, blue water cruising boat. All in a day's work.

The grid? Who needs it? Not me. I'm a real sailor and can run
my computer and wireless internet access with my solar panels,
batteries and inverter. My ISP goes on generator power when the
grid is down. Too bad more people aren't as prepared and self-
sufficient as I am. But, then again, there are so few REAL sailors
anymore.

S.Simon - a real sailor prepared for any eventuality

This Group extreme_turbulance Power Boat Racing 7 January 26th 04 05:02 PM
Carolina Skiff owners group RG General 0 December 17th 03 12:47 PM
New DownEast and Express Cruisers group... BostonScubaDiver Cruising 0 November 23rd 03 05:30 PM
What a Great Day! Capt.American ASA 16 July 24th 03 11:54 PM