Semolina Pilcher

Default Is Capt Neal doomed?

Hurricane Isabell is bearing down on Capt Neal and his stout Coronado 27.
Despite the blue water pedigree and professional seamanship, I fear for the
safety and well being of skipper and craft. This is a big hurricane and it
is getting bigger. Bobsprit has already sought inshore safety. What will the
Captain do?

Simple Simon

Isabel looks to me like she is going to take a turn
to the north when she gets close to about 75 west
and about 27 north. She'll skirt the Outer Banks of
Cape Hatteras and go ashore with her eye
just west of Long Island She'll hit as a cat 3 storm
and cause tremendous flooding and wind damage
because most of Long Island will be in her core
in the dangerous NE quadrant. Any vessels and
docks along the North side of the Sound will
take the brunt of the storm.

S.Simon - a fearless weather prognosticator

"Semolina Pilcher" wrote in message news
Hurricane Isabell is bearing down on Capt Neal and his stout Coronado 27.
Despite the blue water pedigree and professional seamanship, I fear for the
safety and well being of skipper and craft. This is a big hurricane and it
is getting bigger. Bobsprit has already sought inshore safety. What will the
Captain do?

Vito

Simple Simon wrote:

Isabel looks to me like she is going to take a turn
to the north when she gets close to about 75 west
and about 27 north. She'll skirt the Outer Banks of
Cape Hatteras and go ashore with her eye
just west of Long Island She'll hit as a cat 3 storm
and cause tremendous flooding and wind damage
because most of Long Island will be in her core
in the dangerous NE quadrant. Any vessels and
docks along the North side of the Sound will
take the brunt of the storm.

Yes, but nothing important will be lost or damaged ... (c:

Explain It to Neal Bobsprit ASA 10 August 14th 03 04:18 PM
Paging Capt. Neal CANDChelp ASA 0 August 11th 03 05:55 PM
Kicking Neal all over Alt.sailing...again!!! CANDChelp ASA 2 July 28th 03 11:15 PM
Capt. American at the bar.... Capt. Mooron ASA 1 July 22nd 03 10:15 PM