Bobsprit

Default At the Wheel of a Freedom

Here's a pic of Suzanne at the wheel of Marc's great Freedom 36...

http://hometown.aol.com/bobsprit/images/freedom.jpg

RB
SkitchNYC

Here's a pic of Suzanne at the wheel of Marc's great Freedom 36...

Did you lend her out?
Bobsprit

Here's a pic of Suzanne at the wheel of Marc's great Freedom 36...

Did you lend her out?

Now is THAT nice?
When are we invited to come check out that IP of yours? I promise...no pics of
you on the website!

RB
SkitchNYC

Here's a pic of Suzanne at the wheel of Marc's great Freedom 36...

Did you lend her out?

Now is THAT nice?
When are we invited to come check out that IP of yours?

Well, if I get the same loan as Marc, anytime.
Thom Stewart

So Nutsy,

How do you like sailing a boat where you only have ONE string to look
after? Isn't it a real kick?

How do you like the Size of that Pole coming inside the cabin with you?

I like them but they always leave me with a feeling of not being able to
make a decision about them, Pro or Con

I really like the Cat Boat mentality but I'm not sure at what size a
sail should be split into another sail.

Why don't you get a troll going about split rigs?

Don't forget to have Susy get a Sun Sight when the Lat/Long is the same
as the actual geographic location, no sun correction. It is one of the
many dumb things I like to do. If nothing else it lets you see Leap Year
coming at you.

OT

Marc

Not quite Tom. I may only have one line less than you (opposing jib
sheet) and posssibly more.
Main Halyard
Jib Halyard
Jib Sheet
Port and Stb'd Traveller
Vang
Ist Reef
2nd Reef
Main Sheet
Cunningham
Out Haul
Jib Down Haul
Preventer
Main Leach Cord
Jib Leach Cord

One of the nice features is that all controls, except for the leach
cords, preventer and jib down haul, lead to the starboard cockpit
forward.
Self tacking is a kick and single handing is a joy.

As for the mast butt, it is integrated into the V berth and is not an
issue.

The Freedom 36 is a catSloop with a 500sf main and a 190sf jib.

My next boat and the boat after that will be a Freedom.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:13:07 -0700 (PDT), (Thom
Stewart) wrote:

So Nutsy,

How do you like sailing a boat where you only have ONE string to look
after? Isn't it a real kick?

How do you like the Size of that Pole coming inside the cabin with you?

I like them but they always leave me with a feeling of not being able to
make a decision about them, Pro or Con

I really like the Cat Boat mentality but I'm not sure at what size a
sail should be split into another sail.

Why don't you get a troll going about split rigs?

Don't forget to have Susy get a Sun Sight when the Lat/Long is the same
as the actual geographic location, no sun correction. It is one of the
many dumb things I like to do. If nothing else it lets you see Leap Year
coming at you.

OT

Bobsprit

How do you like sailing a boat where you only have ONE string to look
after? Isn't it a real kick?

The Freedom 36 has a self tending jib that still needs to be trimmed.
While I loved Marc's boat, it's not the boat for us at this stage. When we go
to a larger boat we want to have a faster hull. Marc is retired and has more
time, but the extra couple of knots from a 34xl would be useful for us and we
don't mind the extra work with the rig.
Apart from that I could easily see myself owning a Freedom down the road. It's
ideal for Marc's needs and is far more comfortable than I expected a 36 footer
could be. It feels like a 40-45' boat below and was just as roomy (more so?)
than the C&C 37xl (40') we boarded after the sail.

RB