BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Bent Boom (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/17231-bent-boom.html)

Capt. Mooron September 13th 03 01:40 AM

The Bent Boom

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
|

| Uppity Fin Keelers..... wobbly, spindly phsyco mackerel rakes would
never
| touch me!
|
| ahem Some fin keelers in this group have done 15kts+ downwind. In
fact,
| I've sailed on a First Europa (37 ft sled) that often did 18 kts!! When
it
| came up for sale, I nearly bought it. Common sense intervened
fortunately,
| when I realised that my 11 and 8 y/o sons would probably have difficulty
| with the running backstays in an emengency gybe!

Not 30 footers and not loaded for "cruising" they wouldn't!!! :-D

CM

Horvath September 13th 03 06:00 AM

The Bent Boom

On 12 Sep 2003 21:47:56 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

You mean a week of cruising in open water? Nope. Haven't done that. We only
cruised our own area.

The only cruising you do is at the playground.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!

SAIL LOCO September 15th 03 01:48 AM

The Bent Boom

Never said that it would.

Well please post what you did say to get this started.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Bobsprit September 15th 03 12:50 PM

The Bent Boom

Never said that it would.

Well please post what you did say to get this started.

Look it up, dopey. As usual, unable to win any rounds, you invented a topic
having nothing to do with my original comments.

Capt RB