Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter Wiley

Default Sailing Time

To paraphrase a quote from one of Tilman's books:

"Say a bowsy goodbye to your nymphs of the shore
And quiet their grieving with words of returning
While vowing on never to visit them more."

Sailing time is 0400 tomorrow morning, Hobart to the sea ice west of
the Mertz Glacier, across to Casey Base then back to Hobart in late
October/early November. 950,000 litres of fuel oil on board, 3
helicopters and a couple RIB's plus all my marine sampling gear. Should
be a blast - 8 weeks of 12-16 hour working days and I won't miss any of
you at all.

I have a plane to catch in a couple hours, so it's time to get off the
net. The great unsolved conundrums of life will have to wait a while
longer yet - can Bobsprit actually sail more than 3 nm offshore without
someone along to do all the work? Are the diamonds on Oz's Greek cap
real or fake? Can Simon actually have sex with a live woman without
paying in advance? Can Lady Pilot score with Simon (or at all)? Will
Bertie and his Bunnies ever graduate to complete sentences?

Do I actually care? Nope. I'm off to play. Those who know the addy can
write if they're that terminally bored. Otherwise - see ya'all in
November.

Ciao.

PDW