Andre' Marrero

Default Boat Transport Suggestions?

I'm in the process of getting a '98 Catalina 250 and need to get if from
Charleston, SC to NYC at the end of Sept. My first thought was to sail up
the ICW but I think I want to get more experience over my Basic Keelboat
cert. Before I attempt that, no matter how "easy" it looks. So I'm now
looking for it to be transported. Any recommendations? It would also be
helpful to find someone with a Catalina 250 WK trailer that I could
borrow/rent then I would rent a pick-up or SUV and haul her up myself. Or
if someone with a truck and trailer would want to hire themselves out for
that it would be great.

Help if you can.

Thanks,

AM

John Cairns

Why not just buy the trailer and rent the tow vehicle? Maybe 3k or so for
the trailer, you'll always have the trailer if you want to do some trailer
sailing. Not being a wise ass but if you can afford the boat you should be
able to afford the additional expense of a trailer, right? As a bonus, even
if you don't have a place at home to store the boat/trailer, you can store
the boat in the yard or storage facility on the trailer.
John Cairns
"Andre' Marrero" wrote in message
I'm in the process of getting a '98 Catalina 250 and need to get if from
Charleston, SC to NYC at the end of Sept. My first thought was to sail up
the ICW but I think I want to get more experience over my Basic Keelboat
cert. Before I attempt that, no matter how "easy" it looks. So I'm now
looking for it to be transported. Any recommendations? It would also be
helpful to find someone with a Catalina 250 WK trailer that I could
borrow/rent then I would rent a pick-up or SUV and haul her up myself. Or
if someone with a truck and trailer would want to hire themselves out for
that it would be great.

Help if you can.

Thanks,

AM

Bobsprit

Not being a wise ass but if you can afford the boat you should be
able to afford the additional expense of a trailer, right?

John, he might NOT be able to afford the extra 3K or the money/place to keep
the thing.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

If you do enough, good homework, you should be able to sail it.
You have to start somewhere. Find an experienced sailor to help
you though the homework and the trip. You won't regret it. Forget
trailering and hauling. You've got a boat; try to use it.

"Andre' Marrero" wrote in message
I'm in the process of getting a '98 Catalina 250 and need to get if from
Charleston, SC to NYC at the end of Sept. My first thought was to sail up
the ICW but I think I want to get more experience over my Basic Keelboat
cert. Before I attempt that, no matter how "easy" it looks. So I'm now
looking for it to be transported. Any recommendations? It would also be
helpful to find someone with a Catalina 250 WK trailer that I could
borrow/rent then I would rent a pick-up or SUV and haul her up myself. Or
if someone with a truck and trailer would want to hire themselves out for
that it would be great.

Help if you can.

Thanks,

AM

Dictionary of Paddling Terms :-) Mike McCrea General 3 June 30th 04 11:52 PM
A question about boat weight and displacement Ante Topic Mimara Cruising 33 April 8th 04 10:58 PM
Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 09:22 PM
1st boat help Diverguy General 21 November 12th 03 06:40 PM