Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Wally

Default Applying antifoul and paint

After taking it back to the wood and priming with International's Primocon,
I'm about to paint and antifoul my rudder. Below the waterline will be
Micron Extra, and Brightside polyurethane paint will go above the waterline.
The whole rudder presently has two coats of Primocon.

Should I use something under the Brightside, or will it adhere okay to the
Primocon? (I'm not too fussed about undercoat, reasoning that several layers
of red Brightside will eventually come up red over the dark grey Primocon.)

Assuming that there will be some overlap of coatings at the waterline, which
should I apply first? I'm tempted to think that the Brightside should go on
first, maybe going below the waterline and feathered a little - but would
appreciate the voice(s) of experience, since I've never done this before.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com