Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simple Simon

Default Even better prices on working sails.

Check this out, friends. Hong Kong Sails
www.hksailmakers.com
will make me the following working sails and for cheaper
than Sailwarehouse. The quality appears better with two
rows of reef points in the main plus insignia and sail
numbers and draft stripe.

I thought sails were much more expensive than this. But I guess
there are so many Coronado 27s out there sailing the oceans
of the world that sailmakers can mass-produce our sails and
sell them for cheaper than for most boats a few of which were
ever made before the design either failed or became obsolete.
(C&C 32 and Express 30, f'rinstance, with productions runs
of less than 100)

Coronado 27 - Mainsail,
P-27' E-9.5'
area 134 ft2 - cross cut
6.9 US oz dacron - white color
4 x standard battens
2 reef points at 4' and 8' above boom with clam cleat at each reef
Triple Stitch
Aluminum Headboard
Leechline with clam cleat
Luff : 1/2" slug slides
Foot hardware is included
Number : 91 in black color on both side
Coronado Insignia on both side in black color
Tack Offset : a-5 3/8", b-1", c-sliding, d-6", e-1", f-3/4"
Patches at head, tack, clew and reef
Telltales
Sailbag
USD515.95

Coronado 27 - 100% Hanks Jib,
I-32.4' J-10.75 luff-27'
area 146 ft2 - cross cut
6.9 US oz dacron - white color
Hanks on luff (3/16" forestay wire)
Triple Stitch
Draft Strip
Leechline & Footline with clam cleat
Patches at head, tack and clew
Telltales
Sailbag
USD409.70

S.Simon - a Captain who is serious about sailing