Norml

Default Starting to seriously think about buying a boat

Hello,
i am new here, but thought I might see if can get some help. I live
in RI, know how to sail (learned on dingy's) and have crewed on
Ensign's and J105's. The only boat I ever owned was a DC (Sparks and
Stevens design, 16ftLOA, 26ft mast, fery fast, very tender!) I am
interested in something, big enough to weekend on and seaworthy enough
for RI sound to Marthers Vinyard, yet small enough to Single hand, at
least in light wind. Prefer a keel boat for stability and comfort
(like the Ensign). My budget will be in the $8000 area when I am ready
to move. My question is what boats should I look for/at?

Thanks in advance!,
Norml
Simple Simon

Look at a few Catalina 25's. There are lots of them
around and they can be had easily for your price range.

They also have good re-sale value in case you get
ready to move up to a more seaworthy boat like
a Coronado 27, Vancouver 27 or Nor'sea 27 all
of which are the best money can buy.

S.Simon.

"Norml" wrote in message om...
Hello,
i am new here, but thought I might see if can get some help. I live
in RI, know how to sail (learned on dingy's) and have crewed on
Ensign's and J105's. The only boat I ever owned was a DC (Sparks and
Stevens design, 16ftLOA, 26ft mast, fery fast, very tender!) I am
interested in something, big enough to weekend on and seaworthy enough
for RI sound to Marthers Vinyard, yet small enough to Single hand, at
least in light wind. Prefer a keel boat for stability and comfort
(like the Ensign). My budget will be in the $8000 area when I am ready
to move. My question is what boats should I look for/at?

Thanks in advance!,
Norml

Bobsprit

Coronado 27, Vancouver 27 or Nor'sea 27 all
of which are the best money can buy.

Why lie about this?
The Coronado is not a good boat. The fact that you spent countless years of
effort to improve yours is proof.
Don't buy junk...and the Coronado is most certainly junk.

RB
SAIL LOCO

Look at a few Catalina 25's.

Heck for eight grand he should be able to pick up a Catalina 27.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Peter J Ross

On 28 Aug 2003 14:15:06 -0700, a team of surgeons from alt.sailing.asa
removed the following benign growth from Norml:

Hello,

Byebye.

--
PJR :-)
mhm34x8
http://www.petitmorte.net/pjr/
http://www.pjr-online.co.uk/

SAIL LOCO

My budget will be in the $8000 area when I am ready to move. My question is
what boats should I look for/at?

You should be able to pick up one of the older designs like a C&C 32.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport