BoatBanter.com

-   -   Too much flat calm weather lately. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/17024-too-much-flat-calm-weather-lately.html)

Simple Simon August 24th 03 12:43 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

Dear Pitiful Group,

The Bay looks like a mirror again this morning as it was
yesterday and the day before and the day before that. It
looks like southern Florida is doomed to a summer of
doldrums this year.

Even the tropical depressions fall apart as they head this
way. It's disgusting! The only good thing is these periods
of light wind and no wind tend to be evened out by periods
of moderate to heavy winds. I'm hoping for some good
reliable winds this fall as I'm weighing for another extended
cruise to the Bahamas at the end of hurricane season (Nov).

While most of you sorry losers are abandoning your boats
on the hard for another long, cold winter with bouts of colds
and flu, I'll be sailing the Bahamas once more enjoying the
sunshine, balmy breezes, crystal water, good company
(real sailors - unlike what passes for sailors in this group),
excellent fare and good cheer.

I've so simplified my life that I have only a dentist appointment
in September (routine cleaning - my teeth are perfect like the
rest of me) to occupy my time. This and I must do the paper
work to renew my Master's license which involves a physical
exam and a little pencil pushing. The only other chore on the
list is hauling and renewing the bottom paint. No sweat. I
think I'll even put off getting new working sails so I can
check out a Bahamas loft or two. Sails might be reasonable
over there since the labor is cheaper. There's still years of
life left in my present sails in spite of what a bunch of arm-
chair losers on this group say.

Ah, life is good.

That's enough about me for now. I don't wanna make too
many of you lubbers envious or too many women salivate.

Ta,
S.Simon

Scout August 24th 03 12:58 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

SS,
What do you do while the hurricanes are a-blowin'?
Scout

"Simple Simon" wrote
extended cruise to the Bahamas at the end of hurricane season (Nov).

James August 24th 03 03:37 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

Why write this?
Whats this really about?
what do you need that drives you to post this stuff?

katysails August 24th 03 06:01 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

Hooray, Hooray...By Ocotber that means we'll be once again Neal=3Dfree! =
And while he's been sitting down in the seweltering stink and stench of =
the sub-tropic doldrums, we all up here have been sailing....We had a =
very pleasant night sail alst night...wind at about 8-10 kn....we just =
ambled about a bit until we returned to our mooring...stormy today with =
a really bad forecast with fronts reversing...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scout August 24th 03 07:16 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

Thanks TW, I must've missed that one.
I'm just wondering where the heck he could go, and quickly enough, to escape
the big ones.
Scout

Scout August 24th 03 07:48 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

have I mentioned my Viking roots?
Scout

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Crap!... to both of your sentiments regarding cold weather sailing being
more comfortable than warm weather sailing. Nothing beats a warm tropical
breeze pressing canvas to glide your vessel over a turquoise blue sea that
is so transparent you can see the bottom at 60 feet. Unencumbered by

excess
clothing and free to enjoy the warmth of the sun while ice cubes crackle

and
hiss in your rum punch. At anchor the water invites you to swim... not

dares
you to enter. As the coolness of the evening approaches and you rinse off
the salt and sweat with a cool evening shower before retiring to the

cockpit
for a sundowner while enjoying the music of the steel drum band on shore
drifting out to your mooring.... I doubt envy is the first thing that
springs to mind when and if you think of sailing up north.

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
| Amen to that Katy. I love sailing in the cold weather. no bugs, no

sweat,
| not too many motorboats, plenty of breeze, hot meals and coffee both

taste

Capt. Mooron August 24th 03 09:04 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

.... that's obvious... most Scots had a little Viking in them back then...
weather by choice or insistence.
Have I mentioned I'm Belgian?

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
| have I mentioned my Viking roots?
| Scout
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Crap!... to both of your sentiments regarding cold weather sailing being
| more comfortable than warm weather sailing. Nothing beats a warm
tropical
| breeze pressing canvas to glide your vessel over a turquoise blue sea
that
| is so transparent you can see the bottom at 60 feet. Unencumbered by
| excess
| clothing and free to enjoy the warmth of the sun while ice cubes crackle
| and
| hiss in your rum punch. At anchor the water invites you to swim... not
| dares
| you to enter. As the coolness of the evening approaches and you rinse
off
| the salt and sweat with a cool evening shower before retiring to the
| cockpit
| for a sundowner while enjoying the music of the steel drum band on shore
| drifting out to your mooring.... I doubt envy is the first thing that
| springs to mind when and if you think of sailing up north.
|
| CM
|
| "Scout" wrote in message
| | Amen to that Katy. I love sailing in the cold weather. no bugs, no
| sweat,
| | not too many motorboats, plenty of breeze, hot meals and coffee both
| taste
| | better, sleeping is more comfortable all snuggled up in a warm
sleeping
| bag,
| | etc.etc.etc. Just don't fall overboard.
| | Scout
| |
| |
| | "katysails" wrote in message
| | Hooray, Hooray...By Ocotber that means we'll be once again Neal=free!
| And
| | while he's been sitting down in the seweltering stink and stench of
the
| | sub-tropic doldrums, we all up here have been sailing....We had a very
| | pleasant night sail alst night...wind at about 8-10 kn....we just
ambled
| | about a bit until we returned to our mooring...stormy today with a
| really
| | bad forecast with fronts reversing...
| |
| | --
| | katysails
| | s/v Chanteuse
| | Kirie Elite 32
| | http://katysails.tripod.com
| |

Scout August 24th 03 10:14 PM

Too much flat calm weather lately.

Great grandmom said it was insistence, but she lied a lot, that's what
everyone liked about her!

Belgian? No, I did not know that!

"Scout" wrote in message
| have I mentioned my Viking roots?
| Scout
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Crap!... to both of your sentiments regarding cold weather sailing

being
| more comfortable than warm weather sailing. Nothing beats a warm
tropical
| breeze pressing canvas to glide your vessel over a turquoise blue sea
that
| is so transparent you can see the bottom at 60 feet. Unencumbered by
| excess
| clothing and free to enjoy the warmth of the sun while ice cubes

crackle
| and
| hiss in your rum punch. At anchor the water invites you to swim... not
| dares
| you to enter. As the coolness of the evening approaches and you rinse
off
| the salt and sweat with a cool evening shower before retiring to the
| cockpit
| for a sundowner while enjoying the music of the steel drum band on

shore
| drifting out to your mooring.... I doubt envy is the first thing that
| springs to mind when and if you think of sailing up north.
|
| CM
|
| "Scout" wrote in message
| | Amen to that Katy. I love sailing in the cold weather. no bugs, no
| sweat,
| | not too many motorboats, plenty of breeze, hot meals and coffee both
| taste
| | better, sleeping is more comfortable all snuggled up in a warm
sleeping
| bag,
| | etc.etc.etc. Just don't fall overboard.
| | Scout
| |
| |
| | "katysails" wrote in message
| | Hooray, Hooray...By Ocotber that means we'll be once again

Neal=free!
| And
| | while he's been sitting down in the seweltering stink and stench of
the
| | sub-tropic doldrums, we all up here have been sailing....We had a

very
| | pleasant night sail alst night...wind at about 8-10 kn....we just
ambled
| | about a bit until we returned to our mooring...stormy today with a
| really
| | bad forecast with fronts reversing...
| |
| | --