/etc

Default When is Enough really just a little Too Much???

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:21:22 -0400, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Frankland posted:

That is the question, clams, the question of the day, no less.

It has been brought to my attention (in a not entirely discourteous
manner, I might add) that we have climbed beyond the plateau, you and
I, crossed the line in the sand of the bay, so to speak; we have hit
the wall and gone through, set our goals insanely high and failed not
to surpass them with a speed and alacrity un-envisioned, unlooked for,
and, until now, completely unremarked upon. But the conquest of this
new territory raises scads of unanswerable questions. I, we, shall
not shrink from posing them anyway, and let the ages provide the
answers, if any, in the ages's good old time.

Heretofore and hence-upon-a-nonce let it be asked:

Is there no joy in Mudville?

Have we all lost our minds?

Is there no excess like success?

How much is too much?

If we push the envelope until we lick the stamp does the mail still go
through?

If a man and a half eats a bad.clam and a half in a minute and a half,
how many seedlings does it take to bone-size a forest???

But seriously, folks, have we lost all sense of proportion? Are their
any limits to the zaniness with which we will fill the bubble bath of
life? Have we no shame? Must we always indulge ourselves to the
utter utmost and then indulge ourselves just four more times after
that? And again? Where will it stop? Is there any stopping at all?
If there is no stopping then can we at least slow down every once in a
while?

shrugs shoulders and turns to saunter away...

But wait! Who am I to turn my back on this my only life? Is it not
my right to wring the last ounce of gusto from the dishrag that Buddha
laundered for me, just last Tuesday, on the rocks, down at the river's
edge? Is not my flamboyance for me to weigh with whatever scales have
fallen from my eyes? Is not the tune mine to call even if my voice is
raspy and my throat is sore from too much tune-calling?

I say, "yes", and even "YES!!!" and I further affirm it, thusly, not
only once but every time. I know no limits. There is nothing I
cannot do!

I ordered a giant refrigerator online just a bit ago. (see attached
pic.)

Frankland (as in What hath Pishnu wrought??!? [ )

Are you Capt. Mooron?