NH_/\)_

Default Level 4 Alert

Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

NH_/)_

--
Keep Posting and Squish a Bertie
\\

Simple Simon

Don't open e-mail attachments until you check them
and get the latest patch from Microsoft Update site and
you don't have to worry about these things.

Anybody who gets these virii deserves what they get
because they're stupid, ignorant, lazy or a combination
of the three.

Anybody here who has gotten a virus or worm is never
going to be a successful sailor because sailors are too
smart to operate their computers in a slovenly manner
in the same way they are too smart to operate their
boats in such manner.

S.Simon

"NH_/)_" wrote in message m...
Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

NH_/)_

--
Keep Posting and Squish a Bertie
\\
(o
_(()_

Capt. Mooron

Old news and I haven't had a virus or worm infect my machine for 10 years. I
currently use a RAID system. I've got the HDs ghosted and a spare HD ready
to load. You have to love that hot swap option. Firewalls and Counter
measure programs as well as port scanning utilities. The unit updates it's
Dat files daily...

CM

..
"NH_/)_" wrote in message
m...
| Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

| NH_/)_
|

| --
| Keep Posting and Squish a Bertie
| \\
| (o
| _(()_
| ||

Jonathan Ganz

It's pretty old news. Most of the standard techniques of virus protection
work in this case also. The main thing is to have the latest MS patches
for your OS, have a decent firewall, have the latest virus updates, and
don't open attachments unless you're absolutely sure you want the very
best.

A more interesting worm is:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...chia.worm.html

"NH_/)_" wrote in message
m...
Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

NH_/)_

--
Keep Posting and Squish a Bertie
\\
(o
_(()_

Jonathan Ganz

I got about 5 of these before I realized it was a virus spew. All you
have to do is block the IPs from a couple of the offending sites. I
looked at my block log this morning. There were about 500 id'd
that matched. They never made it to anyone's system. I believe the
big ones are somewhere in the .nl and rr.com domains. It's pretty
easy to do.

"NH_/)_" wrote in message
m...
I just sent this out because I'm so liked , I opened up my office and

seen
about
20 of them this morning LOL. I have all my mail settings set to just show
the
subjects and not open, or I would be down for sure.

Subject:
Details
Approved
My details
Thank you!
That movie
Wicked screensaver
Your application
Thank you!
Your details

NH_/)_

--

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Old news and I haven't had a virus or worm infect my machine for 10

years.
currently use a RAID system. I've got the HDs ghosted and a spare HD

ready
to load. You have to love that hot swap option. Firewalls and Counter
measure programs as well as port scanning utilities. The unit updates

it's
Dat files daily...

CM

.
"NH_/)_" wrote in message
m...
| Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html

| NH_/)_
|

| --
| Keep Posting and Squish a Bertie
| \\
| (o
| _(()_
| ||

Capt. Mooron

wrote in message

| Uh, hotswapping drives while you have a virus or worm present is a VERY
bad
| idea.

Well..... DUH!

CM

Bertie the Bunyip

"NH_/\)_" wrote in
m:

Virus , this one is being reported on your local news.

Hey, I;'m not that dangerous, you know.

I could be if you wanted. I have this terrific virus, but wait..

not for a loooong time yet!

Bertei
Bertie the Bunyip

"Simple Simon" wrote in
:

Don't open e-mail attachments until you check them
and get the latest patch from Microsoft Update site and
you don't have to worry about these things.

the microsoft update site?

Bwawhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahhwhah whahwhh!

Anybody who gets these virii deserves what they get
because they're stupid, ignorant, lazy or a combination
of the three.

Can i hold you to that statement?

Anybody here who has gotten a virus or worm is never
going to be a successful sailor because sailors are too
smart to operate their computers in a slovenly manner
in the same way they are too smart to operate their
boats in such manner.

God i luuuuv these guys!

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

"NH_/\)_" wrote in
m:

Gee Simon what crawled up your craw this morning LOL

Don't know what else could fit seeing as how his head is taking up most of
the available space.

Bertie

NH_/)_