Peter J Ross

Default Bertie, Peetey, and the Tree

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:48:48 +0200, a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from /etc:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:53:46 -0400, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Gary L. Burnore posted:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:18:47 +0200, "/etc"
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 04:25:00 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

(Popeye) wrote in
om:

berty n' peetey sitin up a tree
S..U..C..K..I..N..G!
furst coms luv
then coms berty.

. . . suks tu bee yu peetey

yr frn
Popeye

These guys are good, aren't they?
And they know "a lot" about sailing !!

A sand lot?

A parking lot?

A Lady of Shallot?

--
PJR:-)
American way
Dr. Flonkenstein

Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:52:48 -0400, Scout posted:

Popeye,
Your spelling is (ironically) atrocious, but your insight is keen. I speak
several languages more or less fluently, but I don't have a server from
which I can yank chains, so I must be stupid.
God love them anyway - they try to think, but nothing happens.
Scout

I bet in these several other languages, you brag about, you
can only tell the no's and the yes's.

Bertie the Bunyip

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote in
news
Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:52:48 -0400, Scout
posted:

Popeye,
Your spelling is (ironically) atrocious, but your insight is keen. I
speak several languages more or less fluently, but I don't have a
server from which I can yank chains, so I must be stupid.
God love them anyway - they try to think, but nothing happens.
Scout

I bet in these several other languages, you brag about, you
can only tell the no's and the yes's.

I can arder two beers and thell the barkeep "my frien will pay" in 15
languages (really!)

Bertie
Scout

I get a lot more YESes.
I'm betting you know NO in every language, including sign and body.
Scout

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote
I bet in these several other languages, you brag about, you
can only tell the no's and the yes's.

Peter J Ross

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:11:03 +0000 (UTC), a team of surgeons from
alt.sailing.asa removed the following benign growth from Bertie the
Bunyip:

Peter J Ross wrote in
:

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 04:25:00 +0000, when the end of the tunnel became
apparent, Bertie the Bunyip posted:

(Popeye) wrote in
om:

berty n' peetey sitin up a tree
S..U..C..K..I..N..G!
furst coms luv
then coms berty.

. . . suks tu bee yu peetey

yr frn
Popeye

These guys are good, aren't they?
And they know "a lot" about sailing !!
A sand lot?
A parking lot?

A Lady of Shallot?

Gene Shallot?

Gene Vincent a lot?

--
PJR:-)
American way
Threatened by us
Drag a few creeps
Away in a bus
- Frank Zappa, predicting the Dubya years

Dr. Flonkenstein

Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:37:30 -0400, Scout posted:

I get a lot more YESes.
I'm betting you know NO in every language, including sign and body.
Scout

Je suppose qu'en disant cela vous en effet confirmez mon hypothèse.
Ich denke dass Sie hier meine Unterstellung stabe.
Ik denk dat U hierbij mijn veronderstelling staaft.

I suppose your answer will be invariable one of these

Ja
Oui
Da
Si
Nai
Yes
Jawoll
Roger

See, I speak 8 languages now.

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote
I bet in these several other languages, you brag about, you
can only tell the no's and the yes's.

Typical "real sailors" arguments ...

Dr. Flonkenstein

Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:12:00 +0000, Bertie the
Bunyip posted:

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote in
news
Being tired of lurking, on Sat, 23 Aug 2003 05:52:48 -0400, Scout
posted:

Popeye,
Your spelling is (ironically) atrocious, but your insight is keen. I
speak several languages more or less fluently, but I don't have a
server from which I can yank chains, so I must be stupid.
God love them anyway - they try to think, but nothing happens.
Scout

I bet in these several other languages, you brag about, you
can only tell the no's and the yes's.

I can arder two beers and thell the barkeep "my frien will pay" in 15
languages (really!)

Bertie

An Italian in Malta seeing he's lacking a sheet on the bed
"A waana **** on the bed"

Alex

Popeye wrote:

az u shud bee.
r u alwaz soo slo?
yr bes fren
Popeye

What is this, O my brothers? I do not quite pony whereof this gloopy
ded is govoreeting. Perhaps if he were given a like horrorshow
tolchocking, until the red red krovvy did flow, he might learn how to
govoreet like other malchicks?

But he is so much on his oddy knocky, I would hate to spill his
grazhny guttiwuts without like provocation, for he has no pretty
polly, and his ptitsa Olive Oyl has left the poor nazz in order to
lubbilubb with a molodoy moodge called Bluto, who has a bolshier
panhandle than his.

Alex

Peter J Ross wrote
These guys are good, aren't they?

None better.
I am awed.

Popeye

hey scowt,
du yu r'member "de gunz ov will sonnet"?
hee alwaz toll de bad gyz, rite beefour hee whupt 'em,
"No brag son, jus' fact"
hahahehehohohohohodumdummmmmmmmdummmmmieeeessssss!
yr bes frn
Popeye

"Dr. Flonkenstein" wrote