Bobsprit

Default I'm a Hero!

Well, the power dipped out at about 4:10 or so. I was aboard, listening to
Gilbert & Sullivan, when my charger meter started buzzing. I figured it was a
problem at the dock, but 20 minutes later I heard what was happening on the
radio.
Jumped into the car and tried to make it to Manhattan to pick up my wife, but
they quickly blocked off city entrance. I was later able to pick her up at the
59 street bridge. We have three distinct plans in the event of another
terrorist attack, but we both quickly realize that this is just another case of
the "Bush Era" at work. I mean, just how much can go wrong on this guy's watch
before people start wondering? I'm sure Neal will try to blame Lincoln for
everything, but puh-lease!
We headed home with a plan to stay aboard after rescuing frozen stuff from the
fridge. Halfway to city Island, one of the Alien-Girls calls from Queensboro
Plaza. So we run to pick her up. There's no street lights and we make good
time. We finally drop her off. Another call, my friend's mother is stuck at 71
ave. in queens, and she needs a ride to Bayside. I pick her up, wisk her home.
I'm down to a quarter of a tank. I know if I make any more runs, I'll be done
and there's no place that can pump gas. My phone is finally silent at 12:30 am.
The only building we can see with any lights is the huge City Bank building.
We make it to the club and get cold drinks from Alien's still running fridge.
Strangely, some of the Island has some power, but not where we are. At least
there's a bit of a breeze and the club's showers have hot water. We got a great
night's sleep.
Morning. Still no power at the club or at home. I called my house, but the
answering machine is still dead. Rather than cook in the slip, we decide to
head out for Capri to get diesel for the boat and some gas for the car. Halfway
to Port Washington I spot a small center console boat. He looks like he's got
trouble and he does. He couldn't get fuel, tried to make it to city Island or
Capri, but didn't make it. He's been out all night and his radio doesn't work.
We hitch him up and tow him to Capri. He's so grateful he tries to give us a
100 dollar bill, but we don't take it. Finally, we accept a 5 big cans of
Fosters which someone will drink.
We get our diesel and gas. There's NO WIND...I mean none. A few people are
bobbing about unhappily. It's getting hot. We poor gas into the Outback, and
head home. The Island gas station is open. They are have a price posted of 3.99
and 4.99 for gas, but the cops are all over it, or so it seems.
We come home to power....Suzanne works at the hospital tomorrow and I hope
there's wind to sail.
Just before the power went out, I tested the new bilge pump switch, which
worked fine. I'm wondering if that was what did it.

Capt RB
Bobsprit

Jeeezzzzzze the power is back on in Harlem.

Your mom must be thrilled! Now she can get back on the streets!

Bwahahahaha! Loco "the Target" posts again!

RB
SAIL LOCO

Your mom must be thrilled! Now she can get back on the streets!

Bwahahahaha! Loco "the Target" posts again!

Hey Putz, my mom passed away not long ago. I'd appreciate it if you would
refrain from commenting on parents or I just may make the drive to deliver that
battery.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Flying Tadpole

Bobsprit wrote:

snip
Just before the power went out, I tested the new bilge pump switch, which
worked fine. I'm wondering if that was what did it.

We know your bilge output is significant, but it's certainly not
that high yet.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
SAIL LOCO

Oh wow...a threat from the Loco-Fag!!!

A true gentlemanly comback to the issue.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Bobsprit

Oh wow...a threat from the Loco-Fag!!!

A true gentlemanly comback to the issue.

Yeah...cuz gentleman threaten violence? What a total fag you are.
Seriously, you're a fag and if you were ever dumb enough to seek me out for a
physical confrontation you wouldn't even last long enough to cry.

Bwahahahaha!

RB
Bobsprit

Sometimes gentleman may threaten violence but a man never resorts to knocking
someone's mother.

Your mother rots.
Do something about it, you rancid scum.
Threaten me? You are garbage. Only animals resort to violence and retarded
animals actually threaten violence against people they don't even know.
What a shell of a man you are.

Bwahahaha! hoo ahhh!

Capt RB