Steve Thomas

Default What are the Swiss hiding ~~~Estonia ferry

The borders in Europe have moved around a lot it it true.
It was interesting though, when a few years ago a friend of mine had to
travel to Wurtzberg and the only map of Germany I had was in an 1890 atlas.
All of the cities and towns are still in the same places.

"katysails" wrote in message
Nice site, Scout. I've been readying a bunch of stuff for a garage sale

and
came across the school globe we bought the kids when they were little.
There isn't much right about it anymore. There are countries there that

do
not now exist, and visa versa. And all within the space of 25 years. No
wonder people are confused about geography. Geography is confused about
geography.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

All of the cities and towns are still in the same places.

Yes, but it's countries that are studied in Geography....there is no more
USSR as we knew it, there is no longer the Yugoslavia we've known, and in
Africa, it's a wonder some of the people can even remember what their
country is being calaled this week.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Per Elmsäter

Steve Thomas wrote:
The borders in Europe have moved around a lot it it true.
It was interesting though, when a few years ago a friend of mine had
to travel to Wurtzberg and the only map of Germany I had was in an
1890 atlas. All of the cities and towns are still in the same places.

Yes in Europe we do not move our citys and towns anymore. We used to but
gave it up when the labour unions grew too strong. Sometimes we annihilate
them though. That was popular about 60 years ago.

--
Perre

Bertie the Bunyip

"katysails" wrote in news:bhftko$9m3t$1@ID-
178897.news.uni-berlin.de:

All of the cities and towns are still in the same places.

Yes, but it's countries that are studied in Geography....

snort!

Bwawhahwhahhwhah! Yeah, third grade geography.

Bertie
Bertie the Bunyip

Peter J Ross wrote in
:

alt.sailing.asa has never been the same since Thu, 14 Aug 2003
08:02:19 -0400, when katysails wrote:

All of the cities and towns are still in the same places.

Yes, but it's countries that are studied in Geography....

Wow.

And I thought you couldn't get any stupider.

You really can't underestimate them, can you?

Bertie

there is no more
USSR as we knew it, there is no longer the Yugoslavia we've known, and in
Africa, it's a wonder some of the people can even remember what their
country is being calaled this week.

Scott Vernon

Default What are the Swedes hiding ~~~Estonia ferry

How many Americans were killed in Iraq? 60? Why isn't Bob**** protesting
the Swedish gov't and their cover up involving 900 innocent lives. This is
appalling!

Scotty

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
Maybe you can answer it Per you live nearby. Over 800 people died and
the swiss govt tried to incase the the whole wreck in cement (never
done before for any reason). Divers recently found a big hole blown in
the side, and sonar scans prove the swiss govt lied about where they
found that visor bow.

Its a sad state of affairs when the swiss govt leaves 800 of thier
fellow citizens bodies on the ocean floor. And the only reason they do
it is to keep others from diving the wreck and finding out what
happened.

What are they hiding? Do you have a clue?

Capt. American

Scott Vernon

Somehow he'll blame it on GW.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

How many Americans were killed in Iraq? 60? Why isn't Bob****

protesting
the Swedish gov't and their cover up involving 900 innocent lives. This

is
appalling!

Scotty

I agree with you Scotty, Over 800 for sure died that night and Bobby
could care less. It's the biggest marine loss since WW11 for the
Swedes, and all they wanted to do is incase it in concrete. I think
someone was smuggling arms.
Hmmmmmmmm

Capt. American

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
Maybe you can answer it Per you live nearby. Over 800 people died and
the swiss govt tried to incase the the whole wreck in cement (never
done before for any reason). Divers recently found a big hole blown in
the side, and sonar scans prove the swiss govt lied about where they
found that visor bow.

Its a sad state of affairs when the swiss govt leaves 800 of thier
fellow citizens bodies on the ocean floor. And the only reason they do
it is to keep others from diving the wreck and finding out what
happened.

What are they hiding? Do you have a clue?

Capt. American

Per Elmsäter

Scott Vernon wrote:
Per should hang his head in shame.

What makes you think you know how it's hanging
Besides as I said earlier, I was so happy that it didn't sink the next day
when my girlfriend was booked to go, that I didn't really care to follow all
those politics. Can you imagine how many opportunists have taken a shot at
making a film about this and the TV stations almost always bought them since
everything that was said about this had such impact and was so important to
the public etc, etc.

--
Perre