Bobsprit

Default I'm Staying. STAYING!!!!

I'm breaking policy and using filters to cut Bunyip and other non-sailing
posters...among a few others! This after the following e-mail from Taddy. You
have him to blame...

Not a troll.

Too many posts and I don't use filters as a matter of policy.

R.

Because of the reality that they are all crossposting, and because of the sheer
number of nonsense posts, I have abandoned my own policy of never filtering
anyone, because I haven't the time to individually mark "as read" those I'm not
interested in. You may not have noticed that even the University of Berlin is
starting to come in on this particular flame war, which says a great deal for
the resistance alt.sailing.asa is putting up. This bunch of ******s has never
actually hit something like us before.

In any case, their intention is to shut down alt.sailing.asa, as they have done
to other newsgroups. It's very easy to circumvent their intent, just continue
on. It's also very easy to give them what they want, which is a useless and
lifeless shell remaining of the newsgroup. All you have to do is leave.

If continuing needs filters, then it needs filters. Anyone wants my attention
and cant get it on the newsgroup because they're running through (eg)
databasix.com, they can always use direct email, none of which is ever
filtered.

Flying Tadpole

Marc

I'm not a ng sophisticate, but isn't it just a matter of discretion?.
I use Forte freeware and filters are not available to me. I just open
up message list and scroll.
Berties comments to and from his disciples are ingnored.
Bertie's and his disciples' comments to regularlar posters are
ingnored.
Donal's, Horvath's, Ganz's and Binary Bill's invites to and responses
to Bertie and his Disciples are ignored.
Flying Tadpole's responses are always read
Peter Whiley's responses are always read
Scout's responses are always read.

Ignore___ance is bliss

On 11 Aug 2003 12:49:27 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

[...]

Bertie the Bunyip

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in
:

When have I, in recent times, replied to any of their bs???
Except yours of course....

Snort!

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhahhwhah whahwhahhwhahwhahwhahhwha
hwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhha!

Bertie

"Marc" wrote in message
[...]

Daedalus

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:20:10 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip ,
eater of small children, spat out a gristle gob and said:

(Bobsprit) wrote in
:

I'm breaking policy and using filters to cut Bunyip and other
non-sailing posters...among a few others! This after the following
e-mail from Taddy. You have him to blame...

Bad bad Taddy.

I used to respect Taddy. How did he go so bad?

Bertei

[...]

These are the words of a frustrated tadpole. Sail on my brother, sail
on!

Jade

Thom Stewart

I'm Witya Nutsy,

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

I'm Witya Nutsy,

Ole Thom

Peter J Ross

On 11 Aug 2003 12:49:27 GMT, a team of surgeons from alt.sailing.asa
removed the following benign growth from Bobsprit:

I'm breaking policy and using filters to cut Bunyip and other non-sailing
posters...among a few others! This after the following e-mail from Taddy. You
have him to blame...

But you're still no fun.

You had permission to post a private email, I hope?

Not a troll.

Too many posts and I don't use filters as a matter of policy.

R.

Because of the reality that they are all crossposting, and because of the sheer
number of nonsense posts, I have abandoned my own policy of never filtering
anyone, because I haven't the time to individually mark "as read" those I'm not
interested in. You may not have noticed that even the University of Berlin is
starting to come in on this particular flame war,

Will somebody, somewhere, please tell me what this kook thinks the
University of Berlin has to do with anything?

I doubt if they do much sailing there.

which says a great deal for
the resistance alt.sailing.asa is putting up. This bunch of ******s has never
actually hit something like us before.

In a sense (quite different from the sense you mean), that's true.

In any case, their intention is to shut down alt.sailing.asa, as they have done
to other newsgroups.

I've certainly never done any such thing. In fact, groups I frequent
often show quite a large increase in their post count!

It's very easy to circumvent their intent, just continue
on. It's also very easy to give them what they want, which is a useless and
lifeless shell remaining of the newsgroup. All you have to do is leave.

On the contrary I want to see a busy, vibrant ASA, full of boat-owners
all calling themselves Captain Something-or-other and chatting
knowledgeably about such nautical subjects as Bunyips, Berlin and
Burnore. Usenet *needs* such a group.

If continuing needs filters, then it needs filters. Anyone wants my attention
and cant get it on the newsgroup because they're running through (eg)
databasix.com, they can always use direct email, none of which is ever
filtered.

You must see an amazing amount of spam if you have no email filters.
Presumably you're daily expecting one of those Microsoft Security
Patches to be *real*.

Flying Tadpole

--
PJR :-)