Bertie the Bunyip

Default Is Harry Potter's popularity a sign of the coming end of Christianity and rebirth of Paganism?

"Julie" wrote in
:

"Robert Carnegie" wrote in message
In article ,
coyotes rand mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
writes
In article , Peter H
wrote:

Sam's the Man wrote:

"towelie" wrote in message

Yes, because Christianity is a fantasy.

thanks for giving us the benefit of your beliefs.

Well, the responder gives one belief, anyway. As to whether
another person might derive benefit or not....

Lazarus Long (Robert Heinlein's fictional alter ego) observed,
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." Although the
observation was offered tongue-in-cheek, I find merit in it.

you should see some of the rubbish net atheists purport to be logic
in support of their religion

dont know whether to laugh at sillines
or mourn the stupidity

If we're talking about paradoxes and logical loose ends, most of
those that exist in an atheist world-view also exist in a world-view
including God - except that God supposedly holds all the loose
ends behind his back so you can't see them. Things like "What
happened before the beginning of the universe".

That is, the questions that in atheism don't have good answers, in
Christianity are questions that you aren't allowed even to ask
because then you'll go to Hell, because no good Christian would
ask that question.

As a child I asked where Cain got his wife from if Adam and Eve had
only had Cain and Abel and then Cain slew able , then went out into
the wilderness and found himself a wife..... my Sunday School teachers
could not answer me other than to repeat that he went out into the
wilderness and found himself a wife. Thus from about 8 onwards I have
quested for the answers that satisfy my feelings for spirituality.

I can see why you felt the need to turn to a comic book, then.

Bertie