Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Cairns

Default Fog,Rain,Sailing,Sunshine,Photos

Great pics. Horvath claims to have crewed on boats that won flags, can't
offer any proof. Since the invasion of the sock puppets, Boob doesn't seem
to have been posting that much.
John Cairns
"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Got back to 2000+Posts.... No I'm not reading them all. I'll make the
report brief because I'm back to the boat tomorrow.

Great Sail to Mahone Bay. I left 2 days later than expected due to family
medical problems. I took some friends for the sail across. 4 adults and 4
kids. I let the kids sail this time. We sailed from the hook with the dory
in tow on a bridle at 1000hrs. 40 nautical miles and 5 hours later we
dropped hook in Mahone Bay to a busy harbour. A fantastic sail with only 4
tacks on a nice reach. I got lots of photos but most were taken with my
Nikon F4 on 35mm film. I'll post them to webshots when they are developed.
I do have some of the shots I took on Wednesday of last week posted to the
"Journal Album" on http://community.webshots.com/user/overproof

Nice day at the hook on Friday but I got caught up with family obligations
and missed the races. My nephew, on the other hand managed to spot the

girl
he was attracted to on the 32 Douglas we sailed with a couple of weeks ago
and got together with her. Saturday to last Friday it poured rain every

day
all day..... and it was miserable out. The family left on Sunday.... The
air itself seemed to become "wet". The races were cancelled on Saturday

and
by Sunday I developed a leak in the head which I traced to newly installed
blocks. I fixed that problem and promptly developed another leak in the
skylight. I fixed that problem as well. I missed both races on Sunday but

wasn't keen about kneeling in a plywood box for an hour and a half racing
other boxes in pouring rain. I managed to get in a couple of sail trips
during the week but the weather sucked. Lots of fog and powerboats

traveling
at planning speeds with no radar going by GPS waypoint to waypoint. I did

major clean up yesterday due to a shift in weather. I'm going back

tomorrow
to sail some more since it's back to hot and sunny weather and will

probably
bring Overproof back on Wednesday.

Did Bob get out to sea? Did Horvath win another flag? Oh boy.... I can't
wait to find out...... but until then.. I'll be sailing.

CM