felton

Default New Bottoms Paints

Thom...

Is that the new CSC formulation? I have Micron CSC on my boat
(freshwater, year round). My bottom paint went on in November. This
is my first use of Micron. I have been a little disappointed with the
slime buildup. It is hard enough that you can clean it (carefully)
without rubbing too much off. I know they were trying to come up with
an "anti-slime" formula this past winter, but I was told that the
formula was constantly changing and I was a bit nervous about going
with a paint that was a "work in progress". I have three coats on
mine, and I was told that I might get three seasons on it, but I think
2 is more likely. It wouldn't be that big a deal if we could paint
our own bottoms, but we don't have that option and it is bend over
time when it is time to repaint the bottom around here.

Friends who use Micron CSC seem to like it, but I must admit that is
is sliming up more than the Petit ACP 50 that I used on a previous
boat.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:36:08 -0700 (PDT), (Thom
Stewart) wrote:

Question for the Group,

The Ole Man has moved up to the new Century! My new boat bottom is so
pretty, I went whole hug and went to Micron Finish. Even prettier!

Now, someone tell me about Interlux Micron 2000 CSC? I leave my boat in
the water year-round, just using the dry diver to clean the surface. Can
I still do this with the new paint? How long is the useful length
before a full bottom job is required?
What are the problems I should expect?
I've noticed a longer drying time. I going to do the bottom of the Wing
on the keel tomorrow and I've made arrangements to hold if on the slings
until it sets. Planning on back in the water Monday!

Can use any advice anyone has.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Felton,

Thanks for your response. I chose CSC MICRON for the same reason. It
isn't an anti slime paint. you have to go up to Optima, Extra, Ultra, or
Trilux. I was tempted to try the Extra but didn't like the answer (Or
lack of answers) I was getting. That is why I was asking about the Dry
Diver bottom cleaner, it does a great job on slime. It is real easy to
do from the deck.

Thanks for the time estimate. That was what I was interested in. I'm
promised a free haulout and pressure wash next spring with this bottoms
job. That had me worried and the service length

Ole Thom

Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Felton,

Thanks for your response. I chose CSC MICRON for the same reason. It
isn't an anti slime paint. you have to go up to Optima,

Hi, Thom. I use Optima, and it performs very well. Last year, when the
boat was hauled, a few onlookers assumed that she had only been in the water
for a few months. There were a few growths hanging off the hull, but
generally, she was very clean - and she had been in the water for a year!!!

However, I have heard that different anti-foulings work differently in
different places. I think that you need to ask other people in your own
marina.

I believe that different paints work better in different parts of
my(Portsmouth) harbour.

Also, I believe that if you read the small print, you will find that the
paint is only meant to last 6 months.

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

I'm in the LIS which is salt water

Holy jesus mother of Serpents.

RB
Thom Stewart

Donal,

The CSC print says Multi-season copolymer

Water Temp here in the NW never get warm; about 54 degrees in the winter
colder in the summer as the ice in the mountains melts and feeds ice
water into the rivers

I chose Shark White color. It is a very ligth gray. What a beautiful
looking bottom! I'm sure I'll be able to see any Slime very easierly.
I'll keep you informed

OT

Thom Stewart

Thanks BB,

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Guess I should have asked a
week ago. The free haul out next spring or summer will make it easy to
change

OT