BoatBanter.com

-   -   Lesson #2 for Donal (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16743-lesson-2-donal.html)

Bobsprit August 7th 03 02:02 PM

Lesson #2 for Donal

Let's have a look at the word Donal is all upset about...

chal·leng·ing ( ch²l“…n-j¹ng) adj. 1. Calling for full use of one's
abilities or resources in a difficult but stimulating effort.

So, Donal is basically denying that sailing in force 6-7 conditions can't be
difficult and stimulating. That's rather sad. I find that even force 5
conditions can fit the definition of "challenging" at times.
I'd say force 6 is challenging and force 7-8 is very challenging!

Capt RB

Bobsprit August 7th 03 06:55 PM

Lesson #2 for Donal

Then either you or your boat isn't seaworthy.

What exactly does the word challenge have to do with seaworthiness?

This oughta be good!

RB

Donal August 7th 03 10:34 PM

Lesson #2 for Donal

"Monty" wrote in message
m...
Then either you or your boat isn't seaworthy.

We know that! We've seen the pictures.

They're both the wrong shape!!!

Regards

Donal