Flying Tadpole

Default Hey Tadpole!

We have many hidden wonders, normally lost on those for whom
Australia ends at Penrith...

Sadly, the commercial steam sidewheeler "Mundoo" based at Goolwa
couldn't fight the poker machine boom in South Oz, couldn't
install pokies itself because the SA demands a landline link to
the SA Treasury so they can keep tabs on how much tax is being
collected (true!), and steamed out around the coast up to its new
white-shoed owners in Moreton Bay.

Numerous lethal steam launches down here, partly the influence of
Strath Steam in making small affordable steam engines, and partly
Duck Flat Wooden Boats having lotsa plans for buildable steam
launch hulls. The most self-indulgent is the Michael Storer
designed steam canoe, a humungous monster for which, before any
ask, we DON"T sell the plans.

I think my mate Graham CHeers featured somewhere in that show, in
his Martha Jane (effectively a 1/3 scale Lady Kate but with
leeboards) minus her mainmast===COMPULSORY SAILING CONTENT and
with a strange chicken-coop shadehouse over the cockpit.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

The Cappys Master wrote:

Just watched a show on the box about the "Source to Sea" Steam regatta
on the Murray.
I'll admit to being ignorant, I had no idea that so many steam
powered paddle wheelers still existed down there.
Very very interesting, you're a lucky man to have it that close!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Sailing "Tadpole" (new MiniCup) Parallax Boat Building 4 June 3rd 04 06:54 AM
Hey Donal Scott Vernon ASA 147 November 6th 03 11:20 PM
Donuts Scott Vernon ASA 35 August 5th 03 02:23 AM
PING Tadpole.... Capt. Mooron ASA 2 July 31st 03 02:08 PM
Sailing With Jeff... CANDChelp ASA 20 July 30th 03 03:46 PM