BoatBanter.com

-   -   bow platform (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16640-re-bow-platform.html)

DSK July 30th 03 09:11 PM

bow platform

Gerard Weatherby wrote:

Finding got around to documenting one of this spring's boat projects
http://www.catsmeow.org/bowplatform/index.html

Nice work, although I don't like to use plywood as a backing. Too
compressible and subject to rot. Recent experiments suggest that
thermoformed polypropylene (commonly used for cheap cutting boards)
makes a good backing. Previously I used Lexan but that's more difficult
to seal and/or glue into place.

What do you think of the Bulwagga anchor?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

katysails July 30th 03 10:57 PM

bow platform

The first step was making a prototype out of cardboard to get the dimension correct. The cutout is for the forestay attachment.

WOW! An oragami bow sprit! Do you think it will hold up in weather?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Gerard Weatherby July 30th 03 11:18 PM

bow platform

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:57:50 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

WOW! An origami bow sprit! Do you think it will hold up in weather?

Well, I was going to keep in the vee-berth. You know, where some people keep
their booms.
http://katysails.tripod.com//sitebui...res/vberth.jpg

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

Horvath July 31st 03 11:44 AM

bow platform

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:04:02 -0400, "katysails"
wrote this crap:

Well, I was going to keep in the vee-berth. You know, where some people keep
their booms.

You haven't lived until you've slept with a boom.

You are one kinky bitch! It wouldn't suprise me if it all fit in.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

katysails July 31st 03 11:55 AM

bow platform

Horvath,
You have a really perverted little mind.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Gerard Weatherby July 31st 03 07:41 PM

bow platform

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:05:36 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

You know a better place to store your boom inthe winter?

The garage http://www.catsmeow.org/boomstorage.jpg. Stays dry and it's out of
the way on the boat.

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

katysails July 31st 03 10:04 PM

bow platform

we prefer to use the boom for sailing,

Well, so do we, but in the winter time it lives in the v-berth....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails July 31st 03 10:06 PM

bow platform

You know a better place to store your boom inthe winter?

The garage? You mean haul it home? We don't have a vehicle it would fit into. There's nothing wrong with it living in the
v-berth over the winter. It's very dry in there.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Donal July 31st 03 10:22 PM

bow platform

"katysails" wrote in message

we prefer to use the boom for sailing,

Well, so do we, but in the winter time it lives in the v-berth....

Is the v-berth very long, or is the boom very short?

Regards

Donal