Scott Vernon

Default Weather reports...Phtttttttttttttttttttt!

The weather man was predicting Hot & Humid with T-storms accompanied with
high winds. A report like this would keep whiny weather wimps at home, but
we went for it.

Had a very nice sail ,in 18kt wind, over to one of our fav. anchorage's.
Lisa was sitting on the bow, feet over the side catching waves, screaming
like a little girl when one crashed over on her. Anchored, went swimming,
grilled steaks on the new propane grill. ( I like the taste of charcoal
cooking better, but the propane is Soooo much more convenient) . Watched a
new 380 Hunter anchor with husband yelling and screaming at wife. Wind
stayed up all night (rained for an hour) which made sleeping a breeze.

Shared breakfast with 20 ducks. Went for a swim. Sailed back in 5kts wind,
Slow, very slow pace (but relaxing) till a T-storm blew through, nice cool
wind, hard rain, thunder, then back to 5 kts. got to try out my new rain
jacket. turned out to be one of our nicer sail trips, I only wish we could
have stayed longer (Lisa had to be back for skool today).

Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie
Balt. MD USA

CANDChelp

I only wish we could
have stayed longer (Lisa had to be back for skool today).

We wish you stayed longer to. Got any pics?
Didn't think so.

RB
Donal

"CANDChelp" wrote in message

Got any pics?
Didn't think so.

More cat **** behind the sofa!

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

In other words, people here believe what Donal and I post. We don't need to
'prove' stuff by posting pics..

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Got any pics?
Didn't think so.

More cat **** behind the sofa!

In other words, you and Scotty tell "stories" about sailing, while I

actually
sail and have pics to prove it.
There's no getting away from it. You guys are frauds.
I'm going sailing tonight. Enjoy your posting!!!

Bwahahahaha!

RB

CANDChelp

In other words, people here believe what Donal and I post. We don't need to
'prove' stuff by posting pics..

Some may believe you, but I don't. That's why I will win every little debate. I
can prove that I sail. Even Mooron posts pics of his boat actually out there,
as I do.
You are a fake, just like Neal.

RB

CANDChelp

Are you all planning a longer trip, now
that she's having a good time on the boat?

Fer cripes sake.

RB

DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:

The weather man was predicting ... turned out to be one of our nicer sail
trips, I only wish we could
have stayed longer (Lisa had to be back for skool today).

That's the way it's supposed to be. Are you all planning a longer trip, now
that she's having a good time on the boat?

BTW we anchored out for the first time since last fall, got a new anchor chain
put on to replace the plastic-coated joke chain the previous owner had. Works
just it's 'posed to...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Scott Vernon

Therein lies the problem. I want to go for longer sails, but I like having
her along, and she's still in skool.

What size, length chain?

Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
Scott Vernon wrote:

The weather man was predicting ... turned out to be one of our nicer

sail
trips, I only wish we could
have stayed longer (Lisa had to be back for skool today).

That's the way it's supposed to be. Are you all planning a longer trip,

now
that she's having a good time on the boat?

BTW we anchored out for the first time since last fall, got a new anchor

chain
put on to replace the plastic-coated joke chain the previous owner had.

Works
just it's 'posed to...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:

Therein lies the problem. I want to go for longer sails, but I like having
her along, and she's still in skool.

S'OK, you'll have time.

What size, length chain?

We got two 40' lengths of 3/8" HT chain (hot-dip galvanized, of course). Good
deal at Agri-Supply, and *definitely* one lengths adds significant holding
power (which it f@#^in well should, since it weighs almost double what the
anchor itself weighs). The funny thing is, it's actually easier to haul by
hand than the old lighter chain, because it grips & stacks easier.

For our everyday anchor, we're using a 35# plough on one 40' 3/8 chain,
spliced to I-dunno-how-much 1/2" braided dacron rode. One of these days I'm
going to lay out, clean off, and mark, our whole rode. But my wife has to
finish working on the teak deck first.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King