Gilligan

Default Do Tadpoles evolve into Bunyips? Or devolve?

No, in the last panty raid one of your bloomers unfurled in the jet stream
and dragged the entire squadron across three states!

"katysails" wrote in message

-- The flying monkeys never left, they're just resting.

Oh, poor tired things...did Katy wear them out chasing them across the 7

seas?
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

The_navigator©

OK, lets design a little digital data transmitter powered by a small
solar cell for mast head mounting!

Cheers MC

Gilligan wrote:
"Flying Tadpole" wrote in

Just one thing: you will need to convince me that this is in fact
the Gilligan creativity coming to the fore, and that we have
indeed discovered where the flying monkeys disappeared to, and
that you didn't lift this whole idea off an old and tired LP.

Not my writing. Found it on the internet, some kids thing.
No tired LP's no LP player!
The flying monkeys never left, they're just resting.
Gilligan creativity currently in supression mode. I need inspiration.

Gilligan wrote:

Well, there's more evidence - the seeds of an opera no less!

Scene: Bertie is sitting in the billabong playing (Stage left). He is

very

dirty. Bunyip household (kitchen, two beds) is stage right. Chorus is
sitting either side of the stage area or in front. Mr Bunyip is reading

the

paper.

Cast: Mr and Mrs Bunyip and the three Bunyip Children; assorted fairies,
fishes, narrator and chorus.

.................................................. ..........................

Mrs Bunyip: (Hugging two children) I just can't work it out. I've got

three

children. Two are just lovely, then there's Bertie!. Just look at him.

What

a mess!

Mr. Bunyip (looking up from his newspaper). Well, two out of three ain't
bad!

Song 1 (Chorus). Bertie Bunyip

Our Bertie Bunyip's very bad, as bad as bad can be,
He will not eat his dinner, and he will not eat his tea.
He sits all day in the billabong poking faces as his mother,
He bites his little sister and he kicks his little brother.
His mother says, I really don't know what to do with Bertie!
His hands are always filthy and his face is always dirty,
He never brushes that hair of his or even washes his face
Do you know what I think about Bertie?
He's a disgrace to the Bunyip Race!
A disgrace! A disgrace! A disgrace to the Bunyip Race!

............................................... ......................

Mrs. Bunyip: Actually, he seems to prefer water to land.
I just can't understand it! Where did I go wrong?

Fairies: You didn't go wrong Mrs Bunyip. Bertie did.

Song 4 (Fairies). Well Well

"Well, well," replied the fairies
And they gave their wands a swish.
"If he's all that fond of the water then
We'll turn him into a FISH!"
"Oh! Dear me," screamed Bertie,
Now I am in trouble,
Where have all my legs gone,
And he blew a little bubble.

Then Bertie wept a little tear
And cried a little bit.
I'm not a fish yelled Bertie,
You know I'm a Bun YIP!

The book includes score, song sheets, production hints and alternate

endings

(for Christmas and easter).The accompanying tape has vocals and
accompaniments for all twelve songs in the play

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Gilligan wrote:

http://www.pibburns.com/cryptost/bunyip.htm

You will note, Mr Gilligan, that the bunyip description lays much
stress on "evil spirit", "bunyip's loud bellowing", "emerges at
night principally to prey on women and children". In contrast, a
Tadpole is neither mythical, nor so uncivilised. There is no
relationship whatsoever.

((And meanwhile, Gilligan singing "A Heart That's Golden" in
praise of Capt Neal has reached No 64 on the mp3.com
easy-listening chart for Oceania!))

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

katysails

No, in the last panty raid one of your bloomers unfurled in the jet stream
and dragged the entire squadron across three states!

Was wondering what ahppened to those. Were they the pink ones or the green ones?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Default The Lizard of Oz

Attacking with mouth, his tongue is long, forked, and sticky.

Kinky....you sure about that, Jerry? Maybe you really do need to fall in love.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

The_navigator©

Were the pink ones the faded port watch pair?

Cheers MC

katysails wrote:
No, in the last panty raid one of your bloomers unfurled in the jet stream
and dragged the entire squadron across three states!

Was wondering what ahppened to those. Were they the pink ones or the green ones?

jlrogers

Hot reptile love, gag a maggot!

"katysails" wrote in message

Attacking with mouth, his tongue is long, forked, and sticky.

Kinky....you sure about that, Jerry? Maybe you really do need to fall

in love.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should

relax

The_navigator©

Well I admit I don't understand the problem of stray RF -I thought the
idea was to generate as much as possible! How much better would it be
and how does it balance (without a rudder)?

Cheers MC

Gilligan wrote:
Actually MC, I was thinking about posting something creative and useful for
sailors - such as an end fed sleeve dipole backstay antenna. It's balanced
and has a tighter impedance range than the traditional HF backstay antenna.
The radiation pattern is better, it's not as hard on the tuner and no ground
is necessary. There's a lot less stray RF. You can build one for less than
$50. I haven't seen one anywhere. What do you think?

Gilligan wrote:

[...]

............................................. ........................

Gilligan wrote:

http://www.pibburns.com/cryptost/bunyip.htm

You will note, Mr Gilligan, that the bunyip description lays much
stress on "evil spirit", "bunyip's loud bellowing", "emerges at
night principally to prey on women and children". In contrast, a
Tadpole is neither mythical, nor so uncivilised. There is no
relationship whatsoever.

((And meanwhile, Gilligan singing "A Heart That's Golden" in
praise of Capt Neal has reached No 64 on the mp3.com
easy-listening chart for Oceania!))

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

Gilligan

I'm heading out right now, but I'll email you the design tomorrow. I came up
with it when you asked the tuner question a while back. I don't think I can
make any money with it, but it is useful.

Gilligan wrote:

http://www.pibburns.com/cryptost/bunyip.htm

You will note, Mr Gilligan, that the bunyip description lays much
stress on "evil spirit", "bunyip's loud bellowing", "emerges at
night principally to prey on women and children". In contrast, a
Tadpole is neither mythical, nor so uncivilised. There is no
relationship whatsoever.

((And meanwhile, Gilligan singing "A Heart That's Golden" in
praise of Capt Neal has reached No 64 on the mp3.com
easy-listening chart for Oceania!))

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com

katysails

Were the pink ones the faded port watch pair?

No...the pink ones had little Bo Peep on them...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Hot reptile love, gag a maggot!

Maybe the guy with the iguana wife would be interested?
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse