Bertie the Bunyip

Default Njikky threatens some more

Nik wrote in
:

On 26 Jul 2003 10:29:50 GMT, (MrGoodSalt) wrote:

"Thore Schmechtig"
wrote:
Greetings,

Greetings, and welcome, most physically distant but technologically
present German person. Germany is an amazingly beautiful country, I
hope things are going well for you there. (I am one-quarter Austrian,
BTW).

mrgoodsalt wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on several of the other

Asatruars are literally NOT allowed to worship Jesus...

You misunderstood something here. We are not restricted to accept /
worship

other deities, but if we start _preferring_ jesus we (kind of) would
not be asatruar any longer. We may do so, but we should not call
ourselves asatruar then. If, for example, a christian worships allah
(more than jesus... I do not want to dive into the difficulties that
come with the do's and dont's of both faiths here) he'd be more muslim
than christian. Or, if an American decides to migrate to Germany, no
US law (AFAIK) forbids it, but if he does it he'll be a German (sooner
or later - again, not wanting to list all the details involved).

Understood?

Fair enough. Two points:

1) Love must be free or it's not love. This is why I believe in
freedom of religion.

But you're coming into *OUR* place and ranting on about ANOTHER
religion....if I entered your place of worship whilst a church service
was going on and performed a live animal sacrifice....would that be ok
by you?

If not then what are you doing here?

You cannot force people to love Jesus, they must choose freely or not
at all. Therefore, I get sensitive real fast to any perspective that
says a person is not free to choose who/what they will love.

We Asatruar value freedome highly - what we're saying is that being
free to love Jesus and then actually doing so, one is moving away from
what it is to be Asatru.

2) If Asatruars are already polytheists, AND they admit there might be
other Gods out there they are unaware of, but would be allowed to
worship if they were aware of them, why can't Jesus be one of them?

Dammit man!!! We've told you....we Asatruar are completely free to
worship Jesus but if we did so, we would NOT be Asatru anymore....this
point has been made clearly...several times already.....

What are the
characteristics of Jesus (from an Asatru perspective) that exclude him
from participation in the "Aseir" (hope I spelled that correctly)?

He is not one of them....simple man....catcha grip will ya.

You don't seem to be catching on to what we're saying....pay
attention...

Or else waht, njiky?
You'll go and paint a swastie on his porch?

Bertei