Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simple Simon

Default Coronado 27 faster than I thought.

FEAR THIS!

Now I understand why my boat is so uncommonly fast.

It is because she has a LWL of 25 feet instead of the
commonly listed 22 feet.

You can see and measure for yourself

http://captneal.homestead.com/Sheshines.html

Use the top picture and get out your dividers.

Measure the LOA. You computer screen size will make your
measurments vary from mine but not too worry use what you get.

The LOA I measured at 27 feet is 12.5mm
The LWL I measured at X is 11.6mm.

Now all we have to do is solve for X

X times 12.5 = 27 times 11.6

or X = (27) (11.6) divided by 12.5

or X = 25 feet.

With a LWL of 25 feet the hull speed is the same as
Moroon's 30-footer and Booby's 32 footer.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Whacky design thought Matt Langenfeld General 10 March 23rd 04 02:51 AM
Threats to lakes grow faster than cures: More bad news RGrew176 General 0 September 24th 03 05:39 AM
Another happy Coronado owner checks in. Simple Simon ASA 5 July 24th 03 09:03 PM
Faster than fast...? Capt. Mooron ASA 16 July 3rd 03 11:13 AM
Just when you thought it was safe . . .. Michael ASA 6 June 27th 03 06:08 PM