Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simple Simon

Default OT - Pre-Empting Pre-Emption

The media and the Left are currently gripped by an
extraordinary obsession with the non-story of "Bush's Lie"
- his statement prior to the liberation of Iraq that British
Intelligence may indicate Saddam had tried to obtain uranium
ore from Niger.

Aside from journalists and others who are merely
interested in sensationalizing stories and selling copy,
there's a more important platoon in the Bush-lied brigade:
Somewhat less self-interested - though no less pernicious
- are the goons who are perpetuating the myth because
they want to torpedo any future pre-emptive attacks.

On CNN last week 'Nation' editor Katrina vanden
Heuvel was clear about her motives for assailing Bush:
"The preemptive doctrine. has now turned out to be an abysmal
failure based on the fact that it is predicated on having 100
percent reliable intelligence - and we've seen an administration
which clearly manipulated intelligence to take us into war."
This is a totally invalid assumption but it appeals to the "I hate
Bush" crowd.

If vanden Heuvel and her cohorts can convince enough voters
that the war was based on a lie, a President's ability to defend
America with pre-emptive strikes will be seriously diminished.
And that's exactly what the left wants. In other words, this is all
about pre-empting pre-emption: making it prohibitively expensive
politically for any US President to use military action in future
to prevent mass murders.

The only possible alternatives to taking military action in advance
of a preventable attack are taking it after the attack or not taking it
at all. Either way, the attack itself is then guaranteed: successfully
pre-empting pre-emption means successfully guaranteeing a mass
murder that could have been prevented.

The above is what Bobsprit, Donal, Oz and all the other "I hate
America and I hate George Bush even more" crowd wants. They,
themselves are victims and they want everyone else to become
victims without recourse. They want to see more 911-type
terrorists attacks. Why else would they be working so hard
to make that eventuality a reality?