Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
CANDChelp

Default I had TROUBLE

Today I had some problems with Alien. It seemed on every tack I was passing
other sailboats. It was a gusty day, and most boats were reefed down. I left my
main alone and reefed down the genoa. Again, I'm impressed at how flat I can
get the jib when rolled to 110 or so.
I had simply GREAT control of the boat and really blasted past most of the
boats, until a gray and red J30 came along. I took a close reach next to him
and we were side by side for quite a while. But every time there was a gust, he
gained a few inches, then a few feet. We both sheeted in and I was pleased at
how closely matched we were. Coolness!
I finally reefed the genoa completely and just sailed on broad reaches so the
girls could swim behind the boat. I pull them on several water-toys.
Popped the genoa and sailed for home, blasted past my buddies Vindo and held
off a C&C 33. Damn fun!

CAPT RB