Simple Simon

Default Looks like . . .

Looks like that bad girl is heading for New Orleans instead of
Texas as predicted.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/..._animated.html

Jeff Morris

I would think that someone that lives onboard during the hurricane season would learn how
to predict the weather a bit better. I'd put my money on the National Hurricane Center
getting it right.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh.../122039.shtml?

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Looks like that bad girl is heading for New Orleans instead of
Texas as predicted.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...ge_animated.ht
ml

Simple Simon

The satellite imagery does not lie. It shows it going due north.
That's not to say it might not stop and turn west but once
these things get in the upper gulf they usually continue north
and northeast. I am talking from many years of observation
here. The weather service gets it wrong too often to trust them
completely.

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote in message ...
I would think that someone that lives onboard during the hurricane season would learn how
to predict the weather a bit better. I'd put my money on the National Hurricane Center
getting it right.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh.../122039.shtml?

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
Looks like that bad girl is heading for New Orleans instead of
Texas as predicted.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...ge_animated.ht
ml

Scott Vernon

Have you taken any pre-precautions yet? How long does it take you to secure
'Mustard' for a big blow?
--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie