Scott Vernon

Default Foul Weather Sailing

did she capsize¿ any survivors¿

Scotty¿

"Jeff Morris" jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote...
My cat just freaked from the sound on that page!

Simple Simon

They don't suffer. They have all the comforts of home -
up until the point their home capsizes, that is!

Any boat with a stability curve that plunges straight down
at around fifty degrees should never be approved for offshore
voyaging. One of these days they are going to outlaw multi-
hulls as inherently unsafe. All it's going to take is a Kennedy,
Clinton, or Daschell to get killed on one and you will see
lawsuits and legislation and rightly so in this case even if
the victims are Democrats.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
You forget that I am a sailor

You claim to be a sailor, while making remarks that demonstrate little more
than a large collection of cruising world back issues.
You have yet to provide a large cache of evidence demonstrating that multi hull
cruisers suffer during long passages.

RB

The_navigator_©

Well I can see your point, but I'm not sure I can agree. I really would
not want to try to hold onto the hull for long with waves breaking over
it! Of course a life raft would be really scary but I'd rather be be in
a monohull tucked up in a bunk trying to sleep!

Cheers MC

Oz1 wrote:

MC, way more monos are abandoned into rafts than multis because the
multi is just that, a really big raft! You've done the courses, can
you imagine stepping into that little piece of rubber when you had a
35' X 30' solid raft....not me!

The_navigator_©

Oyster?

Cheers MC

Jeff Morris wrote:

FWIW, I can't think of a brand of boat (or car, for that matter) that doesn't have at
least one horror story associated with it. (Except maybe Hinckley...)