Capt. Mooron

Default Here Skitch

Yeah I did... North Atlantic... known fact that Great Whites are here and
often spotted. We also have Porbeagle, Mako, Blue and Greenland sharks. Not
to mention Wolf Eels that can crush your femur to pulp in one bite.

I was in the water for 4 hours yesterday, 2 hours today and 4 hours last
Friday. .... my hands were bleeding in numerous places from the shackle and
chains I was working with. There are so many sharks spotted around here that
they are planning a Shark Fishing contest for later this season.

Man O' Man... what a bunch of frilly laced little girls you city slickers
are.... all oohh-h-h-s & Ah-h-h-s about one frickin shark sighting. Cripes
but Oz, Peter Wiley and MC must be laughing at the ruckus.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| I'm not scared at all. You must be scared as hell,
|
| I went swimming Sat and Sunday! Did you?
|
| Bwahahahahhahaha!
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

Tans are healthy and are triggered by exposure to the sun to protect your
epidermal layer from UV radiation. There is nothing unhealthy about a tan.
What's unhealthy is basting yourself in oil and baking in the noonday sun.
Anemic white is not healthy unless you live underground or are unable to
produce the melanin required to darken the skin colour during exposure.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Perhaps
| you should work on your tan.
|
| Tans are unhealthy!
|
| RB

Simple Simon

If tans were so unhealthy there sure would be a lot
more sick Negroes!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Perhaps
| you should work on your tan.
|
| Tans are unhealthy!
|
| RB

Jonathan Ganz

Putting aside Neal's racism, tans (any tan) is not healthy.
Ask any dermitologist.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Perhaps
| you should work on your tan.
|
| Tans are unhealthy!
|
| RB

Donal

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Yeh, but Susie says you have a small weenie.
(troll, for those unable to figure it out)

She told me that I had a big one! Poor Bob!

Regards

Donal

Horvath

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:46:45 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote this crap:

You're using a middle school project as a reference? Alif and Teddy would be so happy to
know how definitive you consider their 7th grade project!

Do you also believe in whales in the Great Lakes?

Only if your sister is there.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Capt. Mooron

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

| Putting aside Neal's racism, tans (any tan) is not healthy.
| Ask any dermitologist.

I did Ganz.... my dermatologist says there is nothing wrong with a tan and
that my maintaining a tan all year round is better than burning in
seasonally. Moderation is the key here... maintain a tan and don't burn.
It's the burn that damages your skin. I'm not saying nor have I implied that
constant extended exposure to solar radiation is healthy... just that having
an increased melanin content is not unhealthy. I have heard that sun
exposure is required for vitamin D... I'm not certain as to the validity of
that claim.

CM

Jonathan Ganz

Not burning seasonally is certainly less desireable than
burning seasonally. However, a tan is the body's defense
mechanism and damage. That's the bottom line.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

| Putting aside Neal's racism, tans (any tan) is not healthy.
| Ask any dermitologist.

I did Ganz.... my dermatologist says there is nothing wrong with a tan

and
that my maintaining a tan all year round is better than burning in
seasonally. Moderation is the key here... maintain a tan and don't burn.
It's the burn that damages your skin. I'm not saying nor have I implied

that
constant extended exposure to solar radiation is healthy... just that

having
an increased melanin content is not unhealthy. I have heard that sun
exposure is required for vitamin D... I'm not certain as to the validity

of
that claim.

CM

Jonathan Ganz

It's a healthy response, but still damage. The suntan is just
a lower version of sunburn. Sorry, but you need to do some
research on this. You're wrong and you'll regret it eventually.
One of my best friends is a dermatologist. He has no financial
incentive to tell me otherwise.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
I agree with Moroon. Of course a dermitologist will say
a tan is unhealthy. They make money foisting off that
ignorant view upon their clients. They know everyone
gets out in the sun for long enough periods for untanned
skin to become damaged. They make a living off said
damage.

A tan is the body's healthy response to exposure to
the sun. A burn is the body's adverse reaction to not
having a tan and being exposed to the sun's rays. The
sunburn is the cause of skin cancer - not the suntan.

I hope this helps.