Michael LaChance

Default Beneteau First 285

I have 3 yrs experience coastal sailing on Hunters, Island Packets and
Catalinas up to 47'. I'm looking for good inexpensive cruiser/racer for
first boat. On the surface, the Beneteau First 285 looks good (and within
budget). I'm looking at a 1989 model next week and hope to sail it then too.
What should I look out for in this model? Also be interested in hearing from
prior owners of this boat about their likes and dislikes.
thanks in advance