Scott Vernon

Default Well, looks like the snow is on.

WoW, I'm impressed! How many cows do you have?
--
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

"Ligniere" wrote...

I was walking in some piles over 6 feet deep yesterday

katysails

See, there's proof it's no good. Now you are screaming. If it was snowing,
you'd simply be complaining about the weather, not screaming at me.

Nope...that's the effects of post-traumatic cabin fever still lingering on...it will take about 3 weeks to burn itself out of my
system...just long enough fr it to turn cold again....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Martin Baxter

Scott Vernon wrote:

WoW, I'm impressed! How many cows do you have?
--

Not how many, but rather how BIG!!

Cheers
Marty
Peter Wiley

"katysails" wrote in message ...
All that warm weather is no good for you.

For the love of Pete, we've only had 3 days of it!!!! I hate to be rude but SHUT UP!!!!! My chilblains are just now
subsiding.....

Winter solstice just passed, lovely crisp clear days, maybe 12C and
dropping to 2C overnight. Everything is green, not many people on the
water. Time of year for catching up with friends, going to the
symphony orchestra, films and leisurely dinners with friends.

And from here, it only gets warmer and the days get longer until we
have long balmy summer evenings with lots of light for sailing, hiking
and late dining after work.

Ever think of moving to a better climate?

Peter Wiley
katysails

Seattle would be nice but is VERY expensive...cousins have lived in Vancouver several times over the years and they loved
it....I don't think it's much cheaper. My kids are already grown and established...it's the grandkids part....once you get used
to having them around it would be hard if they weren't there....when your own kids are young you have all the worries of raising
them, feeding and clothing them, getting on in the world...now that we're older, we can actually take time to know the
grandkids...I think back of what a big impact my grandparents had in my life and hope that my grandchildren think the same good
thoughts about me when they are older. If we're not there, the experiences won't be there to benefit from on either side.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Martin Baxter

Scott Vernon wrote:

I stand corrected. Is your boat in yet? It was 92* today.

Not yet, I've been somewhat tied up with the unintended renovations!

Maybe this weekend, we seem to have the same sort of temps and humidity is
through the roof, "Beats shoveling snow, but you need SCUBA to do anything
outside".

Cheers
Marty

Camp tent with stove PaddlingPair Touring 7 March 31st 04 06:57 PM
Nor' Eastr on way Don White General 12 February 20th 04 03:46 PM
The manly art of cooking Harry Krause General 3 January 26th 04 12:38 PM
Shovelin' S*** DJ General 2 December 25th 03 08:41 AM
Trip report for the snow bound Wayne.B General 4 December 15th 03 11:26 PM