BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sailing-related gifts (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/100535-sailing-related-gifts.html)

[email protected] December 3rd 08 02:23 PM

Sailing-related gifts

OK, what would you like to see under the Christmas tree?

I already received a very nice present from Santa in the form of two
new self-tailing winches, sparkly boat jewelry. Anybody else?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

[email protected] December 3rd 08 03:18 PM

Sailing-related gifts

, wrote:
You are starting to sound like Bobsprit.

Ouch!

Well, in my defense let me say that the economy needs support.

DSK

Charles Momsen December 3rd 08 05:16 PM

Sailing-related gifts

This is a wonderful and practical gift to get for a fellow yachter:

http://www.chefsresource.com/cuisina...-cookware.html

Not overly expensive either!

Martin Baxter December 3rd 08 05:17 PM

Sailing-related gifts

wrote:
OK, what would you like to see under the Christmas tree?

I already received a very nice present from Santa in the form of two
new self-tailing winches, sparkly boat jewelry. Anybody else?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

I'd like to see a new suite of sails, but that's not likely.

Wouldn't mind one of those Spot thingies, well SWIMBO would like that
anyway.

Cheers
Martin
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See
http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----

Capt. JG December 3rd 08 05:46 PM

Sailing-related gifts

wrote in message
, wrote:
You are starting to sound like Bobsprit.

Ouch!

Well, in my defense let me say that the economy needs support.

DSK

LOL - I want a new handheld VHF. In case someone would like to buy me one..
I've long been a fan of Standard. I've owned a 350S for many years, and I'm
quite happy with it, especially the long bat life, I also have a much
smaller one that I keep on the boat exclusively, which also has very
excellent bat life, but I'd like to get the 850S with built-in GPS and DSC.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Frank December 3rd 08 10:04 PM

Sailing-related gifts

I could use a new pair of seaboots.

Metaphorically speaking, they'd even help here with wading through the
crap.

Capt. JG December 3rd 08 10:05 PM

Sailing-related gifts

"Frank" wrote in message
I could use a new pair of seaboots.

Metaphorically speaking, they'd even help here with wading through the
crap.

Metaphorically?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bloody Horvath December 3rd 08 11:49 PM

Sailing-related gifts

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 06:23:58 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

OK, what would you like to see under the Christmas tree?

Naked girls. A box of money. Title to a new car. A case of rum.

You get the idea.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

[email protected] December 4th 08 12:31 AM

Sailing-related gifts

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:49:19 -0500, Bloody Horvath
wrote:

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 06:23:58 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

OK, what would you like to see under the Christmas tree?

Naked girls. A box of money. Title to a new car. A case of rum.

You get the idea.

In other words, all the things you don't have now.

Charles Momsen December 4th 08 01:38 AM

Sailing-related gifts

wrote:

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 06:23:58 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

OK, what would you like to see under the Christmas tree?

Naked girls. A box of money. Title to a new car. A case of rum.

You get the idea.

In other words, all the things you don't have now.

Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should do stand-up. But don't lose the day job.