posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT. tell me its not true...

At a time when Russia/Iran/Hamas/etc are congratulating Obama on his victory
and just waiting to put him to the test, he is proposing to replace the
experienced and respected Condolezza Rice with Hilary Clinton!!!
It simply beggars belief, especially when he keeps saying that he is open
to offering jobs to suitable Republicans. I assume she would continue in
her position if she said the country needs her.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote:

At a time when Russia/Iran/Hamas/etc are congratulating Obama on his
victory
and just waiting to put him to the test, he is proposing to replace the
experienced and respected Condolezza Rice with Hilary Clinton!!!
It simply beggars belief, especially when he keeps saying that he is open
to offering jobs to suitable Republicans. I assume she would continue in
her position if she said the country needs her.

It's not true.

?? Has that been decided yet or are you just making Edgar feel better? LOL

I think Clinton would be a decent choice. She knows many of the foreign
leaders, and was certainly a rival of Obama.

Rice is a joke, especially for a "Russian expert." She screwed the pooch in
Georgia. But, she sure totes Bush's policies to the well well.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:32:01 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

At a time when Russia/Iran/Hamas/etc are congratulating Obama on his
victory
and just waiting to put him to the test, he is proposing to replace the
experienced and respected Condolezza Rice with Hilary Clinton!!!
It simply beggars belief, especially when he keeps saying that he is open
to offering jobs to suitable Republicans. I assume she would continue in
her position if she said the country needs her.

It's not true.

?? Has that been decided yet or are you just making Edgar feel better? LOL

I think Clinton would be a decent choice. She knows many of the foreign
leaders, and was certainly a rival of Obama.

One of the reasons Obama beat Clinton in the primaries was their
sharply different views on Foreign policy, and the war in Iraq,
especially. It simply would not make sense for Clinton to be Secretary
of State in the Obama Administration. Bill Clinton would actually make
more sense in many respects, but I don't think he would really be a
good pick, either. Bill Richardson would be excellent.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:32:01 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

I'd prefer Richardson also, but I think Obama is trying to emulate Lincoln's
cabinet. I'm reading Team of Rivals right now. Fastinating.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:28:59 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure Obama intends to have a wide variety in his cabinet, but
Clinton is still ruled out for a variety of overwhelming reasons. Just
not workable. McCain won't get that post either. g

You may see Clinton put in charge of the health care mess, as
secretary of HHS, where she has some strong background, and her ideas
on that subject are different but not completely opposed to Obama's. I
think they have a lot of common ground there, and it would be a good
appointment. I think she would have great enthusiasm for that post.

O/T Is this true? jlrogers±³©[_2_] ASA 87 October 16th 08 10:35 PM
It's All True Wm Watt Boat Building 3 July 20th 07 11:50 PM
It's True, It's True Wavy G ASA 0 February 8th 07 11:23 PM
Is this true? Bob Crantz ASA 3 March 28th 06 06:08 AM
True "true wind" & the Raymarine ST60, or other b393capt Electronics 23 December 23rd 05 12:33 AM