Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:31:28 GMT, (Greg Pavlov)
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:03:39 -0500,
lid wrote:

She has a lot of common sense. Most long term kayakers have. Keeps
them alive. Especially the white water ones.

I think that there is a fundamental contradiction
between "common sense" and "white water kayaking"
(it *is* a neat sport, tho).

Yes, and no on that. Yes, it takes common sense to survive at it for
long (many survive, but give it up once they find out what they're in
for. I did. Which was common sense for me.) While the decision to do
the sport in the first place may seem reckless, once you grant that
it's a sport to go into, common sense helps a bunch. Run that one or
line it. Which line works best. Scout first or paddle like hell for
what looks like the tongue. All decisions that need common sense to
last long at it. Like climbing, I suppose.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli