Seakayaker

Default Almost ready

"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message

Good idea. I would also suggest picking up a copy of "Deep Trouble", which

is a
compilation and analysis of sea kayaking accidents. It really puts the

risks of sea
kayaking into perspective. I consider it a must-have for a kayaker's

library.

In addition to Brian's advice about "Deep Trouble", I would suggest that you
get a copy of Wayne Horodowich's video or DVD "Capsize Recovery and Rescue
Procedures". It is a great review of what you should learn in one of your
first professional courses.

Although I don't have any young children to paddle with, I have to agree
with Brian about how 2 boats would be much better. A good paddling friend
has a 12 year old daughter who has been paddling for a number of years in
her own boat. Although she doesn't roll (yet), she can wet exit and
paddlefloat re-enter in addition to doing an assisted T rescue.

Good luck,

Steve Holtzman
Southern CA