F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Putin says...

On 3/10/14, 10:23 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 15:00:36 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 3/9/14, 1:18 PM,
wrote:

The real issue should be what the people in Crimea want.
Don't they get a say in who they want to align with?

It is very clear that Putin is going to defend his only warm water
port tho. Krushchev gave away that area under very different
circumstances.
Your wacko democrat buddy Kucenich says the US took tax payer dollars
to advocate the overthrow of a duly elected government in Ukraine.

Of course that is just one opinion but there is a vein of truth in it.

The US certainly does have a rich history in overthrowing governments
when it is to their advantage.

If Panama suddenly decided they were going to align with China and
deny passage of US ships, I bet we would be reneging on Carter giving
the canal zone back to them and we would use whatever means we had to
accomplish it..

I also think the analogies to the Palestinian occupation are valid.
That was supposed to be for "security" too.

How does building apartments for European immigrants on someone
else's land make anyone more secure?

I suppose if I were going to try to rationalize Putin's behavior, I
might point out that in the 21st century he wasn't the first national
leader to invade another country under false pretenses. It isn't likely
that as many Crimeans will die as Iraqis and Afghanis died, though.

It looks like more Ukrainians will have died in their own internal
riots as will die from this "invasion".

You seem to forget the elected government was pro Russian and the
current government was as result of a coup, that some say was
instigated by the west.

I am still not sure what the US interest is in that region unless it
is just the opportunity for US energy companies to sell them more
natural gas and raise the world price for everyone. I am surprised
you are cheerleading that.

I'm not cheerleading anything. What the Russians are doing stinks. I'm
simply pointing out that we've done pretty much what the Russians are
doing, except we left more bodies in our path in Iraq, Afghanistan,
Vietnam, Cambodia, et cetera.

I saw a clip of Cheney talking over the weekend and lamenting the fact
that we've taken "military options" off the table in the Russians.
Neocon moron-speak.