F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Putin says...

On 3/9/14, 4:06 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 12:38:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 2:24:30 PM UTC-5, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 3/9/14, 11:26 AM, Poco Loco wrote:

Now, what model and year is your Ducati, and what kind of rubber do you run on it?

Diablo Supercorsas, by Pirelli. Wore out one rear tire, replacement cost

about $250. Front tire still good, replacement about $115 less.

I don't see what advantage it is to put a bald racing tire on a street bike to go putting around the country. Unless this is an 'exceptional' street Duck that isn't acquainted with speeds less than 90 mph.

I wouldn't want racing tires unless I was racing. The thing must be a bitch to ride in wet weather.

As a matter of fact, I believe these are the standard tires on certain
Duc superbikes, which are, indeed, used on the street.

But they're not the tires on my bike. As I previously stated, this is
rec.boats, and I don't post vehicle details in this right-wing pigpen.

My bike, however, does have Pirelli tires.