Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Missing plane getting suspicious

On 3/9/2014 2:05 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:35:07 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

I was just reading that authorities have determined that the passports
used by at least two of the passengers were stolen. Strongly raises the
possibility of a terrorist or other unlawful event and not necessarily a
failure of the airplane or it's systems.

Unless it was a catastrophic explosion of some sort, I don't see why the pilot couldn't have
reported a problem over the radio - unless there was some other kind of interference, i.e., human.

The only other explanation I can think of is a catastrophic electrical
system failure that took out redundant back up systems, including
communications.

Apparently military radar indicates that a course change was being made
moments before it "disappeared".